• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

too many D3/hl2 questions

Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
534
im really getting tired of people asking if their rig is good enough to play D3/hl2...........i cant wait until both come out so people stop asking
 
Why did you start a thread about them then? You know your just going to get people in here asking if their system is ready for the a** pounding that it's about to recevie, ;)
 
xSyzygy666x said:
im really getting tired of people asking if their rig is good enough to play D3/hl2...........i cant wait until both come out so people stop asking
Well buddy, you're really not helping by trolling the forum with this garbage.

BTW, do you think my rig is good enought to play Doom 3/Half Life 2?
 
See? I told you :D lol

Honestly though I'm starting to get annoyed at the myriad of threads about which card will own in either game :rolleyes: Talk about stupid. Hell I'm still pissed about the BS that Gabe pulled.
 
Shorty said:
Well buddy, you're really not helping by trolling the forum with this garbage.

BTW, do you think my rig is good enought to play Doom 3/Half Life 2?

I will let my multiple personalities handle this one.
You may choose any one of the following, as they are mostly equally informed.

-No, obviously not. You must have a (insert new gen ATI or nVidia card here). A (insert the other manufacturer's card here) will not cut it either. You need to drop at least 3 grand more on a totally new system including a (insert CPU manufacturer's high end chip here).

-Yes, but at medium (or crappy) settings. (ID/Valve) love us and have our best interests at heart, and will make sure our (good/midrange) systems will run the game with (great/acceptable) framerates and (excellent/decent/ok) eye candy.

-Yes. My GF2 GTS plays the ultra secret demo rc2 version at full settings and (insert silly number here) framerates.

We all know these answers because (it said so on the internet/ATI or nVidia said so/I have an uncle/brother/sister/cousin who works at ID/Valve/I am the developer of HL2).


So there you have it. The definitive answer on whether your system can play the newest games that no one has played yet to find out.

P.S. The above is meant all in good fun. Please no one (hit me with a crowbar/send demons from hell after me).
 
I actually do know someone that works for Unreal, he was a friend in High School and works as an intern now (I think it's a programming internship).
 
I don't like people who start and end their names with x to make it look cool or something. I can't wait until they die so they won't keep posting messages.
 
^ wow that was really off topic....or maybe instead of being cool i wanted syzygy666 and it was already taken in aol AND yahoo......but ya works for me
 
AcneBrain said:
I don't like people who start and end their names with x to make it look cool or something. I can't wait until they die so they won't keep posting messages.

ROFL. This just SO appealed to my morbid sense of humour.
 
when people ask if their computer is good enough for D3/HL2 just say NO, no matter what they are running.
 
GREAT TOPIC! I wonder if my pc will be able to handle D00m!?? I think so,but what about duke nukem 3d Part Deux?
 
..I have a Hewlett Packard computer I bought in '97 from a pawn shop for $400 ...if I upgrade the hard drive to a 10 gigger ..do you think I can play Doom3 and HL2 on it? ..



..prolly have to go into bios and address at least 4megs for designated video tho ..






umm ...yeah ... :)
 
Who cares about Doom3/HL2?

I've been playing Quake X for a week now. It uses SM 9.0 with HDR3. Runs Great on my FX10K with 1.5gb of GQDR7. :rolleyes:
 
merlin704 said:
Who cares about Doom3/HL2?

I've been playing Quake X for a week now. It uses SM 9.0 with HDR3. Runs Great on my FX10K with 1.5gb of GQDR7. :rolleyes:

Only 1.5?

That Sweeny character is expecting us to have 1 gig vid cards by early 2006.
 
cmon merlin youre behind the times

quake XI came out last year DUH!

AND OMG HAX they released a patch making 3Dc5 only available for ATI cards
 
oh come on, stop posting useless things in this guy's thread

if you guys stop and think for a second

he is just trying to point out that maybe the moderators or administrators can put a sticky in the forums putting a rule to not make these types of threads (the ones asking if system is good for doom3 or hl2)

they are annoying, because
1)the games are not out
2) people responding to these threads are speculating

damn message cut short

edit: fixed typo lol
 
retardedchicken said:
cmon merlin youre behind the times

quake XI came out last year DUH!

AND OMG HAX they released a patch making 3Dc5 only available for ATI cards


I know. I can only stream games at 1.2tb/s :(
 
Dude! I only have 2TB of space left. Shit, I need to get rid of all this holo-pr0n so I can install Contra XX.
 
Aztlan said:
oh come on, stop posting useless things in this guy's thread

if you guys stop and think for a second

he is just trying to point out that maybe the moderators or administrators can put a sticky in the forums putting a rule to not make these types of threads (the ones asking if system is good for doom3 or hl2)

they are annoying, because
1)the games are not out
2) people responding to these threads are speculating

damn message cut short

edit: fixed typo lol

What? And spoil our fun? I think not.
 
On my laptop (1.9 P4m GeForce 4 Go 440 64mb), I get a staggering 3 fps on Doom 3...
and thats with the SM3.0 enabled Coolbits Detonator Drivers! ;)
 
Back
Top