• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Too many choices

Wuuzy

n00b
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
32
I have been looking at all the different motherboards on newegg and other sites and I really have no idea which one is the best. After I read as few reviews telling that a mobo is good, there are always a few that say that it is horrible. All I want is a decently priced mobo that can oc a 3000+ venice to at least 2.4ghz that does not crap out on me. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 
An Asus mobo should be able to go to 2.4 GHz with the AI overclock or whatever its called now, and they are very reliable. I have one for my P4 3.2 GHz and easily OCs it too ~3.55 GHz(my CPUs max speed is 3600mhz). And as for the reviews, pretty much any mobo will have a couple bad reviews.
 
Just about all nf3/nf4 mobos will get you to 2.4ghz (cpu co-operating) these days. The Asus A8n series, msi neo4, any dfi board, chaintech vnf4, even the Ecs extreme mobo. Just look at the features of each board and consider what ones are worth you paying for (raid, sata II, 5.1/7.1, dual lan/gigabit lan, bios options, included cables/round cables, etc)
 
Back
Top