• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Too easy?

Eye7

n00b
Joined
Nov 21, 2009
Messages
33
Nice build and overclock. And a good voltage as well. You can try pushing it higher but I don't see the need.

No sheets on the mattress?
 
They're in the washing machine. :-P

Was able to boot into Windows at 4.6ghz, but it crashed the second I started my blend test. :-P
 
when people don't mention their voltage settings I always assume they left them at default(auto) and that always worries me.
 
You are lucky i cant get past even 3.2GHZ(+turbo) with my C0 920 unless i bring the voltage up to 1.4, but then OCCT test etc brings the temperature over 90c on one of the cores. im using a Mugen2 but i ordered a h50, maybe i might see a bit of improvement but it looks like the CPU is not one of those lucky samples. ill take it for the $175 i paid though :)

mind you there are so many combinations of other things to try in the BIOS, but the time it takes to mess around with it is much more than the time i would save by my computer being a little bit faster.
 
Not for i7. No need to start to even worry till about 85c.
 
You can get to 4.2ghz by changing your multiplier to 21x to access the turbo mode but the thing is it doesn't really use all 4 cores for this mode, just the first one works a tad harder.

1.27v for 4.0? Nice. I need 1.40 on my 860.

1.25v for 4ghz on my 920 D0 :D

 
I'll post my BIOS in a little if anyones interested!
Look forward to seeing your settings, currently have my 920 do stable at 3.8ghz, 1.2750 vcore, gonna have a go at hitting the magic 4.0ghz.
 
Sorry this took so long! Tweaked it a little bit, so this is what I am running currently. . .

Here are my BIOS settings:

BCLK: 200
Multiplier: 20
PCIE Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: 1603
UCLK: 3208
QPI: 96240
VCORE: 1.28750v
QPI/DRAM: 1.40000v
DRAM Bus: 1.64v
 
Sorry this took so long! Tweaked it a little bit, so this is what I am running currently. . .

Here are my BIOS settings:

BCLK: 200
Multiplier: 20
PCIE Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: 1603
UCLK: 3208
QPI: 96240
VCORE: 1.28750v
QPI/DRAM: 1.40000v
DRAM Bus: 1.64v

My settings are almost the same. Except my QPI/DRAM is at 1.30v and DRAM at 1.52v.
 
Hmm - What exactly does the QPI do anyway?

When I used the XMP Profile, it set it to 1.40000v and I just left it. Would lowering it affect my temps heavily? I don't like having it so high. . . :-(
 
Back
Top