Tone and Tester

Corporal79

Gawd
I'm looking for some network tools for our IT dept, a good cable tester and a toner so we can track down mystery drops that were never labeled by the previous tenant.

Not looking to spend a ton on these as there are only three of us in the dept but we got the go ahead from the Director to "get something decent"

Thoughts?

Try Graybar, Grainger or a Border States electric. They have some really good ones ranging from cheaper end to really outrageous (think Fluke Networks) pricing.

Yeah I got one of those guys around here too. Never had a problem with it -- but I probably wouldn't spend that much if I was paying for it :p

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Don't skip out on crappy testers.
Get this.

http://www.newtechindustries.com/newtech/test-um/lanscaper_network_testing_kit.htm

The LanScaper™ kit takes Test-Um's LanScaper Network Tester to the next level. This kit comes complete with everything you need to test, trace and tune your network system. Includes: •LanScaper NT700 •Remotes #1-#8 •Tone Tracer TT100 •12" cable assembly, RJ-45 to alligator clip set, two pieces TP40 •12" cable assembly, unshielded RJ-45 connectors, two pieces TP56 •RJ-45 to "F" connector, two pieces TP50 •7.5" cable assembly with no-fault RJ-12 connectors for RJ-11 and RJ-45 jacks, nine pult RJ-12 connectors for RJ-11 and RJ-45 jacks, nine pieces TP20 •Carrying case PC400

It is amazing. Digital read out on the unit and will allow you to tone test, cable test, verify link, check for POE, pull an ip address, cable length test, and much much more.

Back