Tomato Wireless Client Bridge Mode Issue

madh83

n00b
I set my router to wireless client bridge mode, but now I am unable to access the admin page with 192.168.1.1 ; which I was using right before setting it to client mode. I did not change anything besides putting it client mode, have I missed something here?

No telling. Your best/easiest bet is to just do a hard reset (hold reset button for ~30sec), then start over.

Do you have this set up as two routers, with this one being set in client bridge mode?

If that's the case then you need to give the client bridge router a different lan ip.

I'm plugged into the first lan port, I haven't changed it.

I do have two routers, one broadcasting and one receiving. Tomato is on the receiving one, and the broadcasting router is set to a completely different ip address.

I've actually already reset it once over the same issue, it just seems odd that I cannot access the admin page.

Do all your clients including the tomato use the broadcasting router ip address as their gateway?

What if you set the lan ip of the tomato router to something other than .1 ?

That same thing happened to me. I ended up flashing to DD-WRT instead.

I did this half a year ago or so. I found that bridging only seemed to work for me if both routers were running tomato.

That same thing happened to me. I ended up flashing to DD-WRT instead.

I did this half a year ago or so. I found that bridging only seemed to work for me if both routers were running tomato.

Thanks for this, I ended up switching to dd wrt and it works fine now. For some reason tomato also had some latency issues as well, and it all works fine now with ddwrt.

Back