Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

Baker

2[H]4U
Anyone else plan on getting this on console? Kinda thought about picking it up on PC... but thought it might be more fun with my PS3 controller (I wonder if they will use SIXAXIS) and HDTV. ;)

I really enjoyed the game for 360... Especially since I found it at Target for $29. :D

It's on my list of games to get, though I'll pick up the Xbox 360 version. I own, and have beaten, the previous Splinter Cell games, so I will eventually get this one as well. I downloaded a demo on the PC, but I hated playing this game with a mouse and keyboard! I don't have a good controller for my computer either, so if there was an option to use one, I wouldn't have been able to make use of it.

This isn't one of those games that would look allll that much better on PC? Wonder if it does 1080p on PS3 ;)

They will be using the motion controls on the PS3, with a female agent (or something like that) and two completely new maps and some other stuff.

They will be using the motion controls on the PS3, with a female agent (or something like that) and two completely new maps and some other stuff.

Thats pretty cool, me and my friends get somewhat of a kick from fliging the controller around... though SIXAXIS is not perfect by no means, it still kinda fun :)

In my opinion SC: DA was significantly worse than the third. I played it through on the PC, and I really do think that the developer dropped the ball on this one.

In my opinion SC: DA was significantly worse than the third. I played it through on the PC, and I really do think that the developer dropped the ball on this one.

How do you like it compared to Pandora Tomorrow, if you've played that one as well? For me Pandora Tomorrow (the 2nd game), was the worst so far.

How do you like it compared to Pandora Tomorrow, if you've played that one as well? For me Pandora Tomorrow (the 2nd game), was the worst so far.

I think that Double Agent is significantly worse than Pandora Tomorrow. Overall, I think the ranking of the games (best to worst) probably goes Chaos Theory, the original, Pandora Tomorrow, Double Agent. Thing is, the only one I actually disliked was the fourth. Pandora Tomorrow wasn't bad (in my opinion), it's just that it wasn't as good as the others.

Don't two separate developers trade off making these titles? Perhaps whoever made PT and DA should be avoided..

I think that Double Agent is significantly worse than Pandora Tomorrow. Overall, I think the ranking of the games (best to worst) probably goes Chaos Theory, the original, Pandora Tomorrow, Double Agent. Thing is, the only one I actually disliked was the fourth. Pandora Tomorrow wasn't bad (in my opinion), it's just that it wasn't as good as the others.

Don't two separate developers trade off making these titles? Perhaps whoever made PT and DA should be avoided..

What makes DA so bad?

Yup, I think the original and Chaos Theory were made by the same team, but don't quote me on that. ;)

I had some problems with DA, but obviously liked it more than you. My biggest complaint was probably the undercover missions. While kinda neat to do once or twice, four times was excessive. Walking around with no weapons and no gadgets is neat for a few minutes but I don't want to spend 1/3 of a SC game being a useless turd.

And it was FAR too easy to keep both sides' trust maxed out. It was a pain for one mission but after that, I could do whatever the hell I pleased without fear of repercussion.

But there were some awesome missions in the game. The Shanghai mission and the last mission were two of my favorite SC missions ever. And who didn't love rappelling down the side of that building with the fireworks display going off? So purdy...

Back