Tolerance for stuck pixels?

xBabyJesus

n00b
Hi Guys,

I just got a 3007WFP-HC (refurb deal) to replace my aging 23" Sony (S-IPS). I noticed that my "new" panel has (1) stuck-on-green pixel/subpixel in the lower-middle of the panel. I tried the "massage" trick and one of those pixel-twitcher programs and I'm unable to get it un-stuck. Otherwise, the panel is perfect (no backlight bleed, colors look good etc).

Most of the time I don't notice the stuck pixel (games etc) because my eyes are busy with other things, but occasionally it sticks out like a sore thumb, mostly because I *know* it's there, and my other 3 panels are perfect.

Any odds on how likely I am to get another stuck pixel, or some other problem, if I RMA this sucker? Is it worth just keeping it, versus dealing with RMA headaches? Subjective opinions, or past experience appreciated...

Thanks,
John

Odds should be pretty low actually. LCD QC is much better nowadays. Id RMA it since it is easy with Dell.

Maybe if it had gone black and were along the edge. Stuck on would probably bother me anywhere though...

1 stuck pixel in the lower-middle of the panel would not bother me too much.
The replacing unit could be worst.
Is there any noticeable backlight bleeding on your unit?

I would have to agree that the replacement LCD could potentially be worse.

Like you said, when gaming you will not notice it very often. However, if you were to watch a movie, then it could standout like a sore thumb. Tough call 'cause I would actually have to see it under normal usage to determine if it would be worth the chance of getting something even worse.

I've got one blue stuck pixel in the upper center of my new Samsung T240 I just setup today. Outside of that though the LCD looks perfect and I'm very happy with it. I got it from NCIX with their dead pixel policy protection but I didn't look to see if that covers stuck pixels. Probably does but I think I'm gonna just keep it and I may try running one of those stuck pixel fixing programs to see if it's an easy fix.

I've got one blue stuck pixel in the upper center of my new Samsung T240 I just setup today. Outside of that though the LCD looks perfect and I'm very happy with it. I got it from NCIX with their dead pixel policy protection but I didn't look to see if that covers stuck pixels. Probably does but I think I'm gonna just keep it and I may try running one of those stuck pixel fixing programs to see if it's an easy fix.

Any defect regarding pixels is covered by their LCD express coverage. Anything else with the monitor falls under there regular coverage and warranty. They also offer crosshiping.

I would send it back. I bought my 244T from then and it took me 3 LCD's to get one I was happy with. (1st one had dead pixel dead center of the screen and the second one the buttons were broken.)

Zero tolerance for stuck/dead. Once I know it's there, my eyes will always gravitate to it.

I have a 24 inch Sceptre monitor that had one stuck pixel for about a week. I used a few different pixel twitch apps to help, which worked for short periods of time at first. I also massaged that area of the screen as necessary. Reappeared a few times, but haven't seen it in months now.

Who knows? I did notice that turning on dynamic contrast ratio helped, though I'm not sure if it was because it lowered the screens 'brightnessl frrom time to time, or because it would max it out.

Anyway, that's my story. If it had stayed that way, I would have tried to return it.

I have the same exact issue one stuck green pixel but in the upper leftish side. I'm hoping something worse happens with this panel so I can RMA it. so far it's flickering and geeking out at weird intervals. my hope is that it increases so I can RMA

My tolerance is also zero, I even returned a monitor for a single dead sub pixel (less noticeable than a lit stuck pixel), returned it because I paid extra for zero dead pixel policy when I bought the monitor. But that was with a new monitor, yours is refurbished, therefore the replacement can be even worse (as others have pointed out). Normally manufacturers don't consider just 1 defective pixel, especially on a refurb; you might be able to just return and get your money back, but a replacement ??.. you could always try..

For me it depends on the price I paid. If I paid full retail then definitely zero tolerance, but if I got one deeply discounted than I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 depending on the deal.

I think you're actually in luck. Dell has a zero dead/stuck pixel guarantee on all Ultrasharp models they sell, and yours is an Ultrasharp. Try asking them if you can send it in for an exchange. The limited warranty is probably up, but they still might exchange it.

The Premium Panel Guarantee

Dell monitors are designed and built to our highest standards, providing the quality and reliability you expect when you see the Dell logo. Each has been exhaustively tested and comes backed by a Dell Limited Warranty2. Unyielding commitment to quality and the satisfaction of our customers has driven Dell to offer a Premium Panel Guarantee ensuring replacement of UltraSharp series monitors with zero bright pixels. Even if only one bright pixel is found, a free panel exchange is guaranteed during the limited warranty period, so you can rest assured your investment is protected.

Also
20080804deadpixelsl7.jpg

I have 3 yr warranty on the monitor, so I can def. get a replacement. It will probably be another refurb, but I've been hearing ~50% of people are getting "brand new" refurbs, and I haven't seen complaints of bad panels yet. I guess I'll return it and hope for the best. I'll be pissed if the replacement shows up with stuck pixels though :(

Back