Told you so...EA Live

WickedAngel

2[H]4U
h ttp://xbox.ign.com/articles/508/508793p1.html

Madden NFL 2005, NCAA College Football, NASCAR Thunder 2005, and NBA Live comprise the sports package for Xbox Live this fall. The non-sports games are less concrete, but as IGN has learned from several sources close to the company, Battlefield: Modern Combat, EA's new Goldeneye game, and perhaps Burnout 3 are first in line for Xbox online compatibility.

A lot of you were rather skeptical when I mentioned this a while back in the multiple Xbox bashing rants, so I figured I'd direct you to this.

It's not 100%. They're still dealing. Those of you who wrote it off as impossible might want to think twice, though.

um, for those of us who don't follow the daily postings of the "WickedAngel"...what is the point, what was written off as impossible?

Well...until then, I'll believe it when I see it.

What they need to do is get BF1942 out. I have it for PC, but the live experience is much more intense and cooperative.

It was said it was gonna happen in like Jan because EA's sales on X-Box hurt because of the lack of online.

what is the point, what was written off as impossible?

The point is that people believed EA was so entrenched in Sony that they would never support Live (Their support will substantially increase the amount of subscribers to Live and will also likely improve the sales of the system altogether).

Speculation on other boards when M$ accounced they weren't releasing a 2005 series of sports games was that they did this to give EA an open field. Looks like that may be what is happening.

RagManX

Yeah, I heard that MS is going to open up their Live service to allow other companies to run their own servers. And that is what EA wanted. It makes sense that MS is stopping production on their sports games in order to make way for EA's...

damn, that sucks, Microsoft sports games were just starting to get good. I personally think it was pretty stupid to kill XSN sports just as it was getting off the ground by not releasing any 2005 sports games.

Back