Toggle Switch on/off

The Null

Limp Gawd
I just pulled out and old toggle switch from my car and I had the best idea.

Use it as my on off switch instead of a push button. But I have no idea if it's doable. I've already googled it and I get mixed reviews.

Does anyone have an instructions on how to do it correctly?

...toggle switch...
Does anyone have an instructions on how to do it correctly?
Try booting your PC while keeping power button presed for whole time and keep on pushing it all the way through trying to do normal shutdown from OS.
That "emulates" toggle switch.
(you'll loose at least motherboard based power off by long power button press)

You can't really use a toggle switch in place of a momentary switch. What you could conceivably do is rapidly turn the toggle switch on and then off in order to start the PC, if you really want to use it. But that would probably get tiresome after a while.

If you can find a momentary toggle switch (eBay has millions) you can certainly use it as a power switch.

My upcoming steampunkish copper tube case will use one.

That sounds like an awesome mod, definitely unique i might try to implement something similiar

basically I have this standard on off toggle switch and I have this other switch which is a toggle switch but it has 3 stages, what if i just rigged up the 3 stage switch do that the current passes through the middle stage and ill just flick it from the bottom to the top and not stop in the middle.

basically I have this standard on off toggle switch and I have this other switch which is a toggle switch but it has 3 stages, what if i just rigged up the 3 stage switch do that the current passes through the middle stage and ill just flick it from the bottom to the top and not stop in the middle.
That would work.

Back