Toddler Accidentally Buys $15K Digger Online

HardOCP News

[H] News
What happens when your three year old accidentally buys a real front end loader online? You get a $15,600 bill and the kid gives you a priceless “did I do that?” look in exchange. Hit the link to see the picture.

Three-year-old Pipi Quinlan bought a $NZ20,000 ($A15,600) Kobelco digger on auction website TradeMe, prompting immediate damage control by her mum when her purchase was revealed. Most parents are used to little ones sneaking treats into the supermarket trolley, but Pipi's deal must take the cake.

At least they didn't make them buy it.

Children.:rolleyes: Never ceases to amaze me.

LOL Thats awesome

I would be laughing my ass off if my kids did somthing like that...And i would also limit there net access at that point to :D

Trying my best to come up with a better headline..."Toddler proves there is a bigger Hoe than his mom in NZ, but still angry she named him Pipi"

I'm curious. Did the kid really buy it or did the parents but backed out only to blame the kid? I've had some experience with people buy stuff on ebay only to say that their account was hacked, their kids bought it, or some other weird ass reason.

im pretty sure the husband had something to do with this.
puttin in that new pool eh?

Guess this one got sick of the shit they've done to the Tonka toy line by making 'em outta plastic, he must've wanted the real thing once and for all: big rig heavy steel machinery. :D

Pipi is a she.

This is hilarious, glad ebay wasn't around when my kids were that age!

Looked like a boy, and had a payloader in the pic...but you are right. "Pissed off toddler, named after male genitalia, buys earth moving equipment to hide mom's body"

/me wonders where all the " This wouldn't happen if they had a MAC / LINUX " comments are.

That is from New Zealand not the US. That is probaby why the name seems odd.

This is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave accounts set to auto login if you have small children playing on the computer.

I used to be really into BF2 and admined a popular server for a while. Bfcc icon was on my desktop, with the login info saved. My son who was around 2 at the time liked to play games on the sesame street website. It could keep him busy for a good 15-20 mins at a time. One day I set him up and leave him to play his sesame street games. Later that night i log onto the clan forum and am greeted with 10 threads by pissed off players and fellow clan members. "Why was i banned?" "Kicked for no reason." "WTF is pigpen doing?" Long story short, little fellow must have clicked to desktop, found the control center icon, opened it, logged in, and proceed to right click on players names and kick / ban about 20 of them, in addition to clicking the icon to restart the server two different times. A bunch of people's games go ruined that morning, but luckily the other admins had a good sense of humor about it. Sufficed to say, i moved the CC icon off the desktop and uncheck the box for "remember me."

Didn't Kanye West write a song about this?

"If you're gonna let your kids bid on my digger, you parents better not be a broke n*gger!"

That is from New Zealand not the US. That is probaby why the name seems odd.

I'm from NZ so I'll give a little background on the name Pipi :)

A Pipi is a Maori name for a small shellfish common throughout NZ and it is pronounced pippy, not peepee lol

Still, I would hate my parents if I was named Pipi. Would be a crap name for a boy, not so bad for a girl tho.

Why would you leave yourself logged in on an auction site? Is it that difficult to "sign out." Meh.

Imagine seeing that being delivered to your house and your thought is "wtf is that?"

This is why you do not save CC #s, passwords, etc on your computer.

Bill Cosby co-hosted a show called "Kids Say the Darndest Things".

I wonder if it would bring him out of retirement to host a show "Kids Click on the Darndest Things". :p

"But mom, I want to learn piano! I don't want to grow up to be a digger!"

"Well Bobby, your demon possessed hand says you do! So guess what you have to look forward to, until you've earned $15,000?!"

I used to be really into BF2 and admined a popular server for a while. Bfcc icon was on my desktop, with the login info saved. My son who was around 2 at the time liked to play games on the sesame street website. It could keep him busy for a good 15-20 mins at a time. One day I set him up and leave him to play his sesame street games. Later that night i log onto the clan forum and am greeted with 10 threads by pissed off players and fellow clan members. "Why was i banned?" "Kicked for no reason." "WTF is pigpen doing?" Long story short, little fellow must have clicked to desktop, found the control center icon, opened it, logged in, and proceed to right click on players names and kick / ban about 20 of them, in addition to clicking the icon to restart the server two different times. A bunch of people's games go ruined that morning, but luckily the other admins had a good sense of humor about it. Sufficed to say, i moved the CC icon off the desktop and uncheck the box for "remember me."

Are you Barney Rubble? Your son seems like Ban Ban

I'm from NZ so I'll give a little background on the name Pipi :)

A Pipi is a Maori name for a small shellfish common throughout NZ and it is pronounced pippy, not peepee lol

Still, I would hate my parents if I was named Pipi. Would be a crap name for a boy, not so bad for a girl tho.
It's is also a european name (Pippi).

Back