[!!!] Tobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenpan

[H]ard|Gawd
i purchased 3 items of Tobe, Mobo, VGA, PSU, i sent 1 mobo to me (but not to my address) however, the socket was not cover and it was damage (quite sure it was damage b4 shipping) and psu and vga is not where to be found, try to call him, he keep hanging up or ignore,

- first i open the dispute due to his low heat
- the keep emailing me that he need the money to ship and after sent me a tracking
- i close dispute and waiting for the package
- the ups web shown it was delivered and was not to me
- some guy phone told me that he has my package and the address is wrong (it might be on purpose...)
- went to pick it up (half way across town...2 hours drive ... seller add "few" more digit to my house number)
- keep trying to pm, call, email no luck!
- on phone with paypal for few hours to reopen the dispute...and yes is open now (but paypal said no guarantee i am able to get $$$ back)
- filed Freud with CC and bank.... (waiting for paper and police report...)

and what should i do now? i am down 285$...and this was a build for my family for Xmas...

I bought:
1 X Gigabyte P45 Mobo <----------------recived broken/wrong address
1 X Radeon 4850X2 2GB <----------------seems to me this is "also" sold to Eye7
1 X BFG 1200W PSU <----------------??? who else bought this?

UPS tracking: http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tr...track=Track&InquiryNumber1=1ZE077R96862439729
it says 4.6lb, can someone tell me how does all 3 items adds to 4.6 Lbs?

Last edited:
It sounds like quite a mess.
you seem to have done all you can, you are now at the mercy of your bank and PayPal....

let us know how this turns out

Hope you also get your cash back from the bank/paypal. As right now it getting close to christmas we all need every little bit.

I just hate seeing so many members doing it this close to christmas though. We all make mistakes as we are human but we need to correct them and then learn from them.

I purchased a 4850x2 2GB off him, which I received just fine in complete working order.

Shipped really fast too!

Copy and paste it in notepad or do a print screen and paste it in paint and save it. Or use windows snipping tool also works.

how do i print the selected pm? authority request that

TPU Capture is a very neat program that lets you screen cap the active window or the whole desktop it even uploads the pic to a host for you
Just like that
Capture088.jpg

How did you buy the items from him? Did you protect yourself in anyway?

You cannot prove that you did not receive the other two items. I used the 4850x2 2GB's in quadfire, so I had two.

Sorry for the transposed # on your address, the UPS guy was a newb.

Make sure you leave negative heat, so no1 else get screwed over.

I'm sure when this is all over, that 2 week old heat account with 1 whole evaluation will be abandoned

Common sense should have stopped anyone from trading with this guy..sadly, it failed all of those involved .

Last edited:
You cannot prove that you did not receive the other two items. I used the 4850x2 2GB's in quadfire, so I had two.

Sorry for the transposed # on your address, the UPS guy was a newb.

Can YOU prove the you have sent the cards, like a Tracking number or receipt cause thats what the buyer and seller needs to have to know were the package is and when it was shipped. If you just blindly ship something then it can be a turn for the worse. There has also been another person on the TTT section that you had made a bad deal with also so your rep on getting items to the proper people is being questioned not his. Provide the buyer proper tracking information on his missing items or talk to him about a refund cause arguing with him is bad trading.

I doubt the UPS guy made the mistake on the address, your the one who hands them the address and they just copy your writing. And half the time, the people who work at my local UPS store make me write out the sending slip for just that reason, to ensure no mistakes on there part.

Tobe, finish the dispute here, provide a proper tracking # or a receipt of the deed.

i double check my paypal, and the shipping is correct, but ups shipping is not...

tell me this, will psu+vga+mobo = 4.6lb? b/c the package and lavel was weighted 4.6lb

DP sorry.

He's been here 28 days why did he not ship first? Call his local police department, they can likely do something.

Chargeback?

Paypal will generally do nothing until the CC companies get involved..thats why I suggested the CC route...TOBE has tracking to prove that he sent something, and as far as PP is concerned, that's good enough...they don't care if its a box of bricks.

he will likely get no where with them.

Yeah a PSU like that weighs like 5 lbs by itself.

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing, especially a 1200watt psu which should have an ass load of heat sinks inside maybe even 6lbs. alone by itself.

I have to ask without trying to come across as picking on Tobe, but this is not an isolated incident....there are more threads involving similar problems on this very forum......, mostly lack of communication and untimely excuses, oh and Tobe when somebody wires you $100 plus and you give them the cold shoulder and they say something about it....this is not WHINNING!

Yeah a PSU like that weighs like 5 lbs by itself.

My Antec Sig 850 weighed 11 pounds according to the post office, so if you got a package that was supposed to include a PSU, video card, and a motherboard I'd say yea, 4.6 pounds is a load of crap.

You cannot prove that you did not receive the other two items.

That's a completely piss poor attitude to have as a trader on these forums, regardless of whether you sent the items or not. So much so that I know I personally would never wish to do business with someone acting that way and I'm sure others think so too. What ever happened to working out a dispute with another trader in a considerate manner? The fact that you instantly become combative and play the "prove it" card only makes your position look worse. If anything the burden of proof of delivery is on YOU THE SELLER. You would have been better off mailing him a brick or two than trying to convince us you packed all of the above items in a 4lb box.

He tried to troll me as well, sent me a pm offering up the ram I had in my WTB thread and specifically said "non-cc paypal", and wouldn't respond to any inquiries about pics of the actual ram despite his complete lack of heat.

Stll never recieved any word on the 920 that he "sold" me.
DONT BUY FROM TOBE

i can kind of feel that is no one step in, he is not going to pay or anything to it...

Sadly, TOBE is no longer with us, I wish you guys the best in getting your items or a refund.

Get together thru PM and share what info you have, no personal info can be posted here, so I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back