Hey guys, just looking for some advice. I'm really looking to upgrade my CPU/Mobo because my m2n32-sli deluxe wifi is really unstable and my 5000+ AM2 is too outdated for my liking.
My question is, should I get the E8400 + P5Q Pro combo at newegg for ~265 before tax, or should I wait the month or so and go big and get an i7 or whatever is coming out in October? The combo is on sale until 9/30 and I'm looking to buy it this week once I can settle my decision on something. I'm just really anxious to upgrade, but don't want to make a mistake. I would save $40 off regular pricebuying that combo now, and it just seems like it's too good to pass up.. but you guys are the experts and know everything about the i7 so I should leave it up to you.
All I really do is F@H, play CS:S, TF2, CoD4, WoW, you know.. all the typical games. I don't do any photo editing or anything. Maybe that'll influence the decision.
Edit: I wanted to mention I'm not a big overclocker, and don't plan on getting an aftermarket cooler until I really feel comfortable doing it which should be in a few months if I get tempted.
My question is, should I get the E8400 + P5Q Pro combo at newegg for ~265 before tax, or should I wait the month or so and go big and get an i7 or whatever is coming out in October? The combo is on sale until 9/30 and I'm looking to buy it this week once I can settle my decision on something. I'm just really anxious to upgrade, but don't want to make a mistake. I would save $40 off regular pricebuying that combo now, and it just seems like it's too good to pass up.. but you guys are the experts and know everything about the i7 so I should leave it up to you.
All I really do is F@H, play CS:S, TF2, CoD4, WoW, you know.. all the typical games. I don't do any photo editing or anything. Maybe that'll influence the decision.
Edit: I wanted to mention I'm not a big overclocker, and don't plan on getting an aftermarket cooler until I really feel comfortable doing it which should be in a few months if I get tempted.