To Vista or XP Pro.... opinions asap plz

marley1

Supreme [H]ardness
The only thing im concerned with is i only have 1gb of ram. I wont really even be able to use it to its fullest?

I'm backing up now, so another hour and i will flip a coin i guess.

more votes !

No idea about the post =/

Anyway I think im still leaning toward XP, just because my laptop is my main machine now, and i really wont have time to format and go back to XP.

I wish i still had my desktop to run Vista on. I just need this thing as reliable as possible for the next few weeks.

Well every since day 1, my new laptop had some problems in windows. Right now i'm using XP MCE, but to many stupid errors(sound just stop working as does wireless).

So i got 2 options:

Format XP Pro or Format Vista Business.

What do you guys think??

Considering that XP Media Center Edition is XP Professional with Media Center installed and a few networking options disabled, I don't think that path seems to be working for you presently.

I'd say if you have Vista, give it a shot. You might be surprised... if things are worse (always a possibility, but it depends), you can always start over again with XP MCE or straight XP Pro, right?

I say go for Vista.. just my opinion, but I really like it. I was a bit reluctant at first, but once I got it installed, and actually used it for awhile, I found I really like it, alot.. and I will not be going back to XP on my main machine... ever.

Ok... I know this is off topic... but what the hell just happened? How did marley1's response just get bumped to the first post in this thread, and am I the only one seeing this??

Weird....

Anyhow, I'm posting on a machine running Home Premium with a 3g P4 and 1g of ram, and it runs perfectly fine... and faster than my old XP install... So I don't think you'll have any problems..

What the hell? Now I'm seeing your last response as the second post...

If 100% stability is what your after, XP might be the way to go, but in all honesty I have had very few problems with Vista so far, and only one blue screen... and that was my video card dying.

I'll take a stab and see where this post lands, it should become #8 sooo...

If not, then maybe a report of some kind to the Mods about something being a bit broke-dead might be in order.

(Posted ok, this edit was just to say this... weird)

It seems to be completely random.. I started a thread in the Forum Help section and apple2gs responded and the post showed up above mine, and was time stamped and hour before I opened the thread... it's really weird....

I'm in Vista now b/c XP wouldn't install(scratched cd). I am trying to get the drivers going.

Missing a few that i cant determine hopefully ill be setup soon.

I am personally sticking with XP Pro for the time being. I have several valid reasons, and here they are...

1) I use Nero 6 and don't want to upgrade to Nero 7 just to use Vista. I like Nero 6 for what I use it for.

2) I use this computer for my recording business and I have three soundcards in it and currently M-Audio hasn't released drivers for them.

3) Everything I have just works fine with XP. I also want to make sure that iTunes is 100% stable with Vista, because that is what I use to listen to music and watch video.

4) I am a Joost beta tester, and currently Joost doesn't work with Vista.

5) I have my own computer business and just got a laptop in with Vista Basic on it. It was so awful that the customer got me to install XP Pro. It runs great now. The machine was actually a little underpowered for Vista to be fair.

I may buy another hard drive and dual boot XP and Vista once the issues above are sorted out. I'm just personally not ready for it, and normally I love to try out new things.

Back