To upgrade or not?

Sorry if this is a repeated question for you all....

My question is whether or not upgrading my ram would be of benefit to me.
Currently, my system consists of an Asus A8N32-SLI deluxe mobo with a 939 Athlon 64 3200+ processor, running WinXP pro. The vid card is an XFX 7900GS and my current ram consists of 4 sticks of Infineon 512M PC2700 DDR. I work for Infineon (now Qimonda) and the RAM was free for employees a while back.

I know it isnt the latest or fastest ram out there, but Im not overclocking the system at all, at least not yet, and everything seems to be working quite well. My gaming performance is great and I cant see any issues with performance thus far. I just upgraded to the new mobo and vid card and also added a SATA 3G hardrive, but was wondering if upgrading the RAM to something newer like PC400 or better would gain me any noticeable improvement in everyday performance or gaming performance.

I know this may be a difficult question to answer, but I couldnt think of anyone better to ask than you guys here. Thanks for any input.

edit: I believe the timings for my current ram are 2.5 3-3, although Im not quite sure what that means for me.

Sorry for the bump. Still question whether or not its worth the upgrade from pc2700 to pc3200 or better.

Back