to upgrade or not to upgrade that is the question 680i to 780 offer from EVGA?

Jedi

[H]ard|Gawd
Well... im debating on doing the EVGA upgrade offer that was sent to me a while back and i have 20 days left to make a decision. Can some people give me their advise?

Keep my EVGA 680i and forget about the upgrade offer

or pay the 95 bux and just get the newest latest and greatest board offering from EVGA?

what should i do?

I'd do it. If the current issues with some PCIe 1.0 boards and 8800GTs are any indication you want PCIe 2.0 if you're planning on getting any of the upcoming cards.

If you /aren't/ getting any of the new cards... honestly, I'd skip it unless your 680i is causing problems.

If you want to get one of the 45nm quads... pay up. Your chances are better with the 780i.

I'd do it. If the current issues with some PCIe 1.0 boards and 8800GTs are any indication you want PCIe 2.0 if you're planning on getting any of the upcoming cards.

If you /aren't/ getting any of the new cards... honestly, I'd skip it unless your 680i is causing problems.

If you want to get one of the 45nm quads... pay up. Your chances are better with the 780i.

To be honest theres nothing wrong with my 680i I have a quad core qx6700 right now as well as 2 xfx 8800 GTS 640's in sli so the only thing id be intereted in would be the 3 pciE slots and running 1 more 8800GTS but meh i dunno about that.

So thats why im on the fence.... theres the downtime but since im in NORCAL it wont be that long since they are right here from what im hearing.

Im just torn... ugh... i dunno what to do :(

UGH.. times ticking and im still on the fence with this upgrade.... I have other computers so im not really worried about being down but i just want to make sure im making the right decision before throwing $90 away on a new mobo that isnt any real upgrade or has any advantages over my existing board. I dont plan on upgrading for a while personally accept for this... i feel my ram is good, proc is good... why bother
I might down the road when i get cash upgrade the video cards but thats about it. I feel im pretty set with my qx6700 for a while atleast.

So yeah bottom line ... whats everyone verdict?

TO UPGRADE

or

NOT TO UPGRADE?

don't do it. better save your money on something better than just an incremental upgrade.

Back