To those having problems with UT2004

Ok guys, as some of you have noticed the rollout for UT2004 has not gone well. However, they have found the cause of most problems and guess what it is the same as UT2003, the CD protection is causing it. Now I know the rules and hacks and cracks are not allowed to be talked about but in this case it actually allows you to play the damn game. There is a NOCD .exe file which fixes the problems but I accordance with the rules I cannot post the link to it. (But Im sure most can find it) I just wanted to spread the word to those having problems.

For the DVD version not installing. Some people disabled DMA mode for thier drive temporarily and it loaded fine. Just run the install, then re-enable DMA.

Reg Key to change CD Key (People are already stealing real ones) - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Unreal Technology\Installed Apps\UT2004

For skipping and stutters in the game. -
Disabling Voice to Text features and Preload Player Skins has helped with the problem but an official cause is not known. I'll keep you posted on whats goin on with that.

Some gamers have noticed that if you change the sound detail from Software to Hardware it has significantly helped with the mouse lag issue. however if you have an old/weak sound card this could hurt performance overall at the same time. I tried it and I have a onboard Nforce 2 soundcard and things got a little better for me.[

my problem is that i get lag like stop and go WHOA in the game , but im assuming this is because of my 5400 rpm drive , which i cant do anything about for now

thanks mate, since Alcohol doesn't work with UT2004's DVD version (which i just bought) and my desktop -gaming machine- doesn't have a DVD drive (ripped it on my laptop), your post was the only thing saving me from going postal with Epic/ Atari.

I greatly appreciate your hint :)

I'll be getting this tomorrow hopefully. My best buy only had the 6cd version in yesterday and said the special edition is coming on thursday, so its probably best to wait.

Originally posted by Catch22sk8r
my problem is that i get lag like stop and go WHOA in the game , but im assuming this is because of my 5400 rpm drive , which i cant do anything about for now

yeah this is the major ongoing problem they have not pinpointed yet. I have the same problem. Even though disabling preload skins and some other features helped it still not near what it should be. i also dont think its your Hard drive, UT2004 has a major memory usage problem and it just gets overun. Enter the game and start a match, ALT-TAB out and look at your task manager (listed specs for the game is recommended 256 and it usually runs at 600-800 in the real time game). This is the cause of the lag with the mouse movement, the lag, run, lag, run,lag,run feel. Like I said above they still havent figured this out.

I used your suggestions and they helped a ton. I was getting that bit of stutter here and there and was wondering WTF!?!

Thanx mang.

sigh yet another bug found. added to the top list and to here.

Some gamers have noticed that if you change the sound detail from Software to Hardware it has significantly helped with the mouse lag issue. however if you have an old/weak sound card this could hurt performance overall at the same time. I tried it and I have a onboard Nforce 2 soundcard and things got a little better for me.

Good Luck

Back