to the babies crying about name/signature removal on wallpapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloevo

Limp Gawd
would you stop complaning? The reason the guy wanted to remove the name was only for home use anyways.... His machine is not meant for advertising [friends coming over do not need to see the name of who made the wallpaper on his computer] It is NOT illegal to remove a name from a wallpaper, as long as it's only being used for home use. Now, removing the name, putting your own name on it, uploading it somewhere and calling it your own work... that's a whole new story.

/end

And, how do you know he's not going to put his own name on it after somebody removes it? Right, you dont. Somebody works their ass off creating a wallpaper, all for free, I think the least somebody should do is keep the authors name on it. Now, I can see it would be good to remove an authors name if its a huge line of text and is completely hideous. But, a tiny name? Naw.

/end

RandysWay said:
And, how do you know he's not going to put his own name on it after somebody removes it? Right, you dont. Somebody works their ass off creating a wallpaper, all for free, I think the least somebody should do is keep the authors name on it. Now, I can see it would be good to remove an authors name if its a huge line of text and is completely hideous. But, a tiny name? Naw.

/end

qft.........

/end

Non-issue. I'm not your billboard. And I'm not a thief. Your release, should you choose to release a wallpaper, or any other sort of creative work becomes environment. Within my own home, I certainly shall do creatively what I wish. I would no more force you to release your own creation sans watermark any more than you would be right to demand I never touch your release with my own creative mind.

RandysWay said:
GlobalFear, whats " qft "?

And.. Morphos.. what? :D

QFT = Quoted for truth
QFT = Quit Fucking Trolling

I was referring to the first definition.

Hey, if he's just removing it for home sake, it's all good... but I understand the part about "trust".... we don't know if he's going to start saying it's his and what not.. But I already explained that... thanks.

Ya know, when a thread gets locked because it's just a bunch of arguing, it's really poor form to turn around and start another on the exact same topic, especially one with such an incendiary title as this one.

Haloevo, consider this a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back