To Hell with Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibber

Gawd
I had a 3:00 AM "Black Friday" deal in my cart and checked out right at 3:00:00 AM - the coupon code worked and it said I was good to go, I was on the last step of the purchase through PayPal waiting for my confirmation back from Newegg. I kept timing out until it finally came back with an empty cart and no purchase. (I had been waiting up for hours at my PC to click the "Apply Coupon" and check out right at 3:00 AM)

It's just like I went to a store, waited in line for hours for the early AM limited deals, got in and got one in my hot little hands, waiting in line to pay and some clerk runs by and grabs it out of my hands and yells: "sorry, we can't sell you this even though you got here in time and got one in your hands".

To add insult to injury the email reply I got from Newgg was some generic form response about no price protection and sorry it's out of stock. And then they have the gall to ask on their survey if they went "above and beyond".

I'm just about upset enough to take all my Newegg tshirts outside and burn them to make a youtube video. I'll wait and see what they do, who knows, maybe they'll make it right and be decent about this.

You can't really blame them they must of had hundreds if not thousands of people hammering their site at the same time you did.

Last edited:
ahh Black Friday... The time of year when all dreams are crushed by a stampede of welfare queens and by the hundreds if not thousands of people that probably did the EXTACT.. Same.. Thing..

Sorry bout your luck..

Try getting a Woot-Off bag of crap.. Your more likely to win the lottery, get struck by lightning, and learn and implement all the dynamics of matter teleportation..

I was in the process of paying for it, it wasn't out of stock - it had already transfered me over to PayPal to complete the payment. So what if their site is hammered, since it had already sent me to the other site to verify my payment my purchase should have gone through. Not some BS "sorry this item is out of stock" email a day later. It was in stock when I clicked pay - probably wouldn't have had any issue if I'd used credit card instead of PayPal, that shouldn't be on me, Newegg should make it right.

Black friday shopping is easy right?

Easy if you don't mind freezing your ass off and waiting for hours in the dark before the store opens. I did that once, got a half dozen great deals, tons of FREE (after rebate) stuff etc.

I had the time.gov website open and clicked the "Submit Coupon" button in two different windows at 2:59 and at 3:00:00 - the first one didnt go through but the 3:00:00 one DID and I was successfully sent over to PayPal to complete the payment. It was just the coming back to Newegg after finishing at PayPal that timed out.

Maybe you should have used a credit card instead of paypal? You're not the only person that got "screwed by Newegg" on a BF deal. You were never entitled to anything from them. It was first come first serve (though more like luckiest served with the way their servers were getting pounded).

shit happens. I am sure they didn't do it on purpose because they didn't want your money. Better luck next time.

- the first one didnt go through but the 3:00:00 one DID and I was successfully sent over to PayPal to complete the payment. It was just the coming back to Newegg after finishing at PayPal that timed out.

well now you learned a lesson

Paypal sucks ass. Don't forget about the children! :D

Eh, it's Newegg, you probly just got beat by 1000 scripts. To be expected when trying for a midnight deal from a tech site.

This is why I dont use Paypal at all. Dont even have an account anymore. If they dont take a CC, I just go to the next retailer. Much easier and faster and less complicated.

**edit**

Why is this in the [H]otDeals section again????

aww poor you. No black friday sympathy for you!

Edit: For every purchase that you don't make at newegg I will make 3.

Last edited:
Want some cheese with that whine?

Look, once it sent me to an external website to accept my payment I should be in like Flint. It didn't say OUT OF STOCK when I was paying.

So I made a mistake by trying to use paypal, now I know better. But that shouldn't be on me, Newegg should make it right and complete the sale that they started processing for me.

Why is this in hot deals? Because this would have been a hot deal, but instead it's a steaming pile of BS.

Glad I could careless about Black Friday. Getting good deals is one thing but having to fight for it fucken blows...

I pray every night that people who say "you're whining" get hit by a city transit bus going full speed.

Maybe you should have used a credit card instead of paypal? You're not the only person that got "screwed by Newegg" on a BF deal. You were never entitled to anything from them. It was first come first serve (though more like luckiest served with the way their servers were getting pounded).

Sure, I know I wasn't "entitled" but I got lucky and my coupon code worked and it took me through the payment process and sent me on to the external PayPal website. It shouldn't "forget" my purchase because the website got hammered and I timed out trying to return. If that happens, they should apologize and sell me my purchase - not apologize and say: "sorry, too bad, so sad".

They may as well have sent me a picture of a middle finger and told me they don't give a shit about my years of purchases and hundreds of customers I'd referred to them in years as a PC Tech / consultant / go-to tech guy for all my friends and family...

I pray every night that people who say "you're whining" get hit by a city transit bus going full speed.
This. To them, everyone else is "whining". But when they get screwed over, they suddenly have a divine right to complain that nobody else is allowed to have.

I think you have issues that Sigmund Freud could never fix. Perhaps it's past your bedtime. He's whining that someone was quicker than him in paying for an item. It's time to move on like an adult. You didn't get your toy, you'll live to see another day.

Hey, thanks for your sympathy. The Internet is full of a$$holes. I think you're being a little harsh though. I think it'd be better if they were instead, just castrated so they couldn't breed more a$$holes. ;)

I may be whining, but, Newegg is giving me a reason to.

They should have just sent me an email saying "sorry you had technical difficulties and thus were not able to purchase the item that you apparently were lucky enough to TRY to buy, we're out of stock right now, but we will fulfill your purchase when we get more in if you still want it, have a nice day"

Looks like you clicked a little too slow. Sucks but it's reality. Not everyone is going to score an online deal. With this attitude i don' t see why they should be nice to help you get a hot deal when in fact you seem to just be sore that you didn't get the hot deal. Rather than complain at HF so quickly you should try to settle this matter with Newegg first. You come off like a poor sport.

MichWhambulance2.jpg

Sure, I know I wasn't "entitled" but I got lucky and my coupon code worked and it took me through the payment process and sent me on to the external PayPal website. It shouldn't "forget" my purchase because the website got hammered and I timed out trying to return. If that happens, they should apologize and sell me my purchase - not apologize and say: "sorry, too bad, so sad".

They may as well have sent me a picture of a middle finger and told me they don't give a shit about my years of purchases and hundreds of customers I'd referred to them in years as a PC Tech / consultant / go-to tech guy for all my friends and family...

1. You knew the site would get hammered.

2. You left the site to pay through a 3rd party website.

3. Profit???

Newegg doesn't owe you anything. Move on.

It doesn't matter if it's in your cart... other people checked out before you. Sorry you are slow. Cry some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back