• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

To good to be True??

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Please contact me before using the "Buy It Now" option in order to set up the delivery and payment options otherwise your order will be canceled and negative feedback will be left. S&H is included in the price."


I wouldn't do it.
 
$450.00 is cheap for that card...... Makes you wonder about his ability to deliver it.
 
why would he even offer "buy it now"? Knowing that thiese cards should be able to fetch almost double that with an auction? I would be suspicious.
 
that looks really suspecious. Call em up see what he says. If he has the card buy it over the phone. Use a credit card if possible that way if he doesn't deliver you can always let your card company handle it :D
 
why doesn't the box say "platinum edition" like all the other xtpe boxes?

if he can't produce a picture of the box and the card I wouldn't even look at it...
 
I just tried a similiar offer with a 6800 ultra for sale buy it now 500$ when you click yes you recieve an e-mail that says western union only. WU would not take my credit card so I told the seller to drop dead 3 times and they said ok but you better leave good feedback. Two days later e-bay e-mails me that they are investigating user hijacking. Finnaly last week after about 7 days I get a e-bay e-mail stateing all transactions on the user account have been canceled. Moral of the story don't buy from outside US, don't work with a seller cash or WU only on a several hundered dollar or more item and never ever ever never use buy it now when it says must contact for payment information and leaves no description of the method.
 
too good to be true my ass.... IT IS FREAKING $450 FOR A VIDEO CARD!!! that is insaine. that is getting close to the price of my total system (just the case and whats in side, no periferals)

i could never get my self to lay down that kind of green for a video card
 
compslckr said:
too good to be true my ass.... IT IS FREAKING $450 FOR A VIDEO CARD!!! that is insaine. that is getting close to the price of my total system (just the case and whats in side, no periferals)

i could never get my self to lay down that kind of green for a video card

...you realize this is a computer hardware enthusiast forum...right?
 
yes i do, and i am a computer enthusiast my self, but i see no point at all in buying a video card that is way ahead of the software side of things just to get a few more fps in games that still run fine on hard ware that is a few years old
 
god that ebay ad pisses me off...he's going to dupe someone out of thier money...isn't there a way to report this?
 
Dude I have more than 450$ in spare parts you must have forgotten this is [H] OCP Hard as in Hardware, alot of people in here spend more than 450$ a month on the electric bill for their pc's :p
 
compslckr said:
yes i do, and i am a computer enthusiast my self, but i see no point at all in buying a video card that is way ahead of the software side of things just to get a few more fps in games that still run fine on hard ware that is a few years old

you realize that the new cards run all games TWICE as fast as the old cards right???
 
who really cares if you are getting 35 fps or 70? all you need for smooth game play is a constant 20fps

70 fps dosnt look any different than 35 if they are both stedy at those numbers. i am just saying that i would not spend that much on a video card, especially from a sketchy sounding ebay auction...
 
MLF said:
Dude I have more than 450$ in spare parts you must have forgotten this is [H] OCP Hard as in Hardware, alot of people in here spend more than 450$ a month on the electric bill for their pc's :p

No kidding! Three pc's with 400w+ psu's, plus 3 19" CRT monitors, plus the A/C bill to extract all that heat. I need to come up with a way to dry my clothes using waste heat from my pc's.

Oh yeah, I would not send a dollar to anyone western union. (except my buisness partner in Nigeria)
 
ill have to disagree with you there, play some bf with a steady 35fps and try to tell me its smooth. desides my 6800gt that i was glad to pay 400 bucks for can run doomIII and will in all likley hood be able to run hl2 with significantly higher detail than your 2-3 year old card.

edit: thats to compslcker's last post, you fuckers are too fast
 
compslckr said:
who really cares if you are getting 35 fps or 70? all you need for smooth game play is a constant 20fps

70 fps dosnt look any different than 35 if they are both stedy at those numbers. i am just saying that i would not spend that much on a video card, especially from a sketchy sounding ebay auction...

First of all Go try and play a FPS when you only have 20 CONSTANT FPS. Your aim will be shit and you would have a MUCH better time getting ATLEAST over 30 FPS. Secondly you will NEVER get constant FPS it will ALWAYS dip lower when theres more action on the screen unless your playing something REALLY old where your capped at a certain FPS.
 
I talked to the guy via Yahoo! Messenger and he said this "the cards are original ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition in the box never opened.
Also i have this cards on my stock and for the payment i accept only Western Union money transfer and for the shipping i use UPS because i have contract with them and you will get the card fast in 1-2 days.Also the shipping is free."


I might take him up on the offer.
 
I dont think you should. He sounds full of shit to me. Dont they use WU ONLY because you cannot get your money back once u send it to them or something like that?
 
|-Goku-| said:
I talked to the guy via Yahoo! Messenger and he said this "the cards are original ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition in the box never opened.
Also i have this cards on my stock and for the payment i accept only Western Union money transfer and for the shipping i use UPS because i have contract with them and you will get the card fast in 1-2 days.Also the shipping is free."


I might take him up on the offer.

If you send him money western union. OMG. send my Nigerian friend some, too...I would give it to him myself, but by coincidence, someone cleaned out my checking account the other day. If you do this I will make you a partner in our plan to get some money from his country here for safekeeping.
 
I have 2 rules about buying computer hardware on Ebay:

1. Don't do it
2. Don't forget rule 1

Generally you are going to either pay way too much, or not get the item at all if the price is much lower than online retailers..
 
yevaud said:
If you send him money western union. OMG. send my Nigerian friend some, too...I would give it to him myself, but by coincidence, someone cleaned out my checking account the other day. If you do this I will make you a partner in our plan to get some money from his country here for safekeeping.


Huh?
 
compslckr said:
...
all you need for smooth game play is a constant 20fps....

..70 fps dosnt look any different than 35..........


Blasphemous Infidel.
 
compslckr said:
who really cares if you are getting 35 fps or 70? all you need for smooth game play is a constant 20fps

70 fps dosnt look any different than 35 if they are both stedy at those numbers. i am just saying that i would not spend that much on a video card, especially from a sketchy sounding ebay auction...

I need about 50fps personally to make it look smooth. In fact 30fps is just unacceptable.
 
|-Goku-| said:
I talked to the guy via Yahoo! Messenger and he said this "the cards are original ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition in the box never opened.
Also i have this cards on my stock and for the payment i accept only Western Union money transfer and for the shipping i use UPS because i have contract with them and you will get the card fast in 1-2 days.Also the shipping is free."


I might take him up on the offer.

dude, this is a scam, pure and simple.....don't do it....the only possible way i would consider doing this is if you get him to agree to use a reputable escrow service.

take a look at this:

http://www.p-p-p-powerbook.com

it's a lot of reading, but it illustrates the lengths that scammers will go to try to fuck you out of money (and this incident is highly amusing anyway, it's a good read)
 
joemama said:
I have 2 rules about buying computer hardware on Ebay:

1. Don't do it
2. Don't forget rule 1

Generally you are going to either pay way too much, or not get the item at all if the price is much lower than online retailers..

i wouldn't go so far as to say NEVER buy hardware off of ebay, but there's no way i would trust an auction for something that's as new as the card he's supposedly selling, it's only been out about a month or so....and that's way too much money to risk on something like this

i bought an old Pentium Pro 200 on ebay a while back to replace one that i burned up in one of my comps, and it was fine....of course, it was a really, really old processor to begin with, and it only cost like $10....that's a far cry from $450

just use common sense, and live by the old saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"....
 
I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole since he only wants payment by Western Union. Hell, I wouldn't give it to him if he met me in person unless I could try it out first. That's just begging to get scammed because with Western Union you have ABSOLUTELY NO RECOURSE if you don't get the card. Also, he already has two bad feedbacks out of only 33 positive. That in itself doesn't sound good if you ask me. I've bought plenty of things off Ebay and 95% was fine. I just always pay through Paypal with a credit card and I'm covered both ways. Also, I ordered some electronic equipment ($500 worth) a couple of years back from an online retailer and my credit card was charged through Paypal and I never received anything. I got my money back - every penny. It took me a couple of months though to finally get it all squared away.
 
xXaNaXx said:
dude, this is a scam, pure and simple.....don't do it....the only possible way i would consider doing this is if you get him to agree to use a reputable escrow service.

take a look at this:

http://www.p-p-p-powerbook.com

it's a lot of reading, but it illustrates the lengths that scammers will go to try to fuck you out of money (and this incident is highly amusing anyway, it's a good read)


Ok I am rolling, I highly recommend anyone reading this
 
|-Goku-| said:
I talked to the guy via Yahoo! Messenger and he said this "the cards are original ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition in the box never opened.
Also i have this cards on my stock and for the payment i accept only Western Union money transfer and for the shipping i use UPS because i have contract with them and you will get the card fast in 1-2 days.Also the shipping is free."


I might take him up on the offer.


Here is a thought. Last time this guy sold something on ebay was in 2003. Now why does he have an account with UPS?
 
I emailed the guy to see what his payment options were and he responded back in just a few minutes the following:

Hi,

i have this cards on my stock and for the payment i accept only Western Union money transfer because is fast and i can check the payment and for the shipping i use UPS because i have contract with them and you will get the card fast in 1-2 days,also the payment will be done in Italy and the shipping it will be done from Italy too,but like i said the shipping is included in the price.

Thank you


I responded back to him that there was no way in Hell I would do a Western Union payment and asked him about using Escrow. I have not received a reply yet. I also just noticed that he has three cards listed in the auction. Also, his Ebay account is listed as being in Canada but in his email he stated it would be paid to and shipped from Italy. Sounds like an account hi-jack like the P-P-P-Powerbook scam thing. If this is not a scam I'll kiss your ass - LOL. And i don't believe I have to worry about having to do that. :D
 
joemama said:
I have 2 rules about buying computer hardware on Ebay:

1. Don't do it
2. Don't forget rule 1

Generally you are going to either pay way too much, or not get the item at all if the price is much lower than online retailers..
heh thats my rule too, had another friend who was a computer builder buy stuff on ebay, ordered 5 parts worth over 1200 bucks, only got one in.
newegg, svc, zipzoomfly are fine for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top