• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

To divide or not to divide?

Kueller

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 19, 2001
Messages
5,983
So, I've found my 3000+ is stable up to 2655MHz (9x295) while my ram is deadset on stopping at 280MHz...at least with complete stability. I can loosen timings, increase voltage, do a voodoo dance, it still errors past 280. Now at 295htt, a 5/6 divider puts the memory at 241MHz, so my question to you guys is thus:
Should I use the divider, and run 39MHz slower, asynchronous ram and gain 135MHz (9x280=2520MHz) of processor speed, or should I stick with 280 for both the ram and cpu?

Or, should I bump the cpu voltage a smidge higher and try for 2.7GHz even, and use the mem divider?
 
1 : 1 memory timing is always better. The memory bandwidth will make more of an effect than a slightly faster processor.

Run PCmark or sisoft sandra and you will see what I mean.

-Todd
 
Back
Top