• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

To Buy A Friends Comp?

debrain

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
126
Recently my friend has offered to sell his computer for me for only $475. This comp is only 3 months old but has been overclocked. I was originally going to buy my computer from newegg as i made a wishlist. Wishlist . The parts are listed below is what he is offerieng me:

athlon xp 2500+...has been overclocked to 3200+
9800 pro
1 gig of ram
Forgot the brand of motherboard
A case with a 350+ powersupply
cdrw

I was wondering if this would be a good deal compared to the comp i have listed from newegg.

Thanks
 
debrain said:
Recently my friend has offered to sell his computer for me for only $475. This comp is only 3 months old but has been overclocked. I was originally going to buy my computer from newegg as i made a wishlist. Wishlist . The parts are listed below is what he is offerieng me:

athlon xp 2500+...has been overclocked to 3200+
9800 pro
1 gig of ram
Forgot the brand of motherboard
A case with a 350+ powersupply
cdrw

I was wondering if this would be a good deal compared to the comp i have listed from newegg.

Thanks


xp2500+ = $76
1 gb of unknown ram : $130
9800 pro = $170
unknown case = $30
cdrw = $20
unknown motherboard = $60

= $486... NEW

I'd say no, it's not worth it.

Now, if you come back and tell me that ram is corsair xms, that cdrw is a plextor, and that case is a lian-li with an enermax psu, all sitting on an NF7-S or something, then I might change my tune.
 
Laforge said:
xp2500+ = $76
1 gb of unknown ram : $130
9800 pro = $170
unknown case = $30
cdrw = $20
unknown motherboard = $60

= $486... NEW

I'd say no, it's not worth it.

Now, if you come back and tell me that ram is corsair xms, that cdrw is a plextor, and that case is a lian-li with an enermax psu, all sitting on an NF7-S or something, then I might change my tune.
haha seconded
 
Back
Top