Tmobile + Iphone?

johnjohn

Limp Gawd
I was told when using an iPhone with the Tmobile network. You are limited on various thing such as you CAN NOT! MMS? and you're unable to access the web or rather stream videos/music well. Slower data speed and all that.

Is this true?

you can mms and you will be able to access the web but you will be limited to edge speeds with prevent you from streaming video unless you are on wifi.

So you can MMS? just you can't steam videos/music? Otherwise you can web browse facebook chat all that? and speeds are slower right?

thanks!

You can do anything that requires data. (web/stream video &music + mms) It's just limited to there "edge" network so it's slow. If you have a wifi connection available to you the edge speeds won't matter much.

Yes, you should be able to do low quality Youtube as well.....all the iPhone can do on T-Mobile networks is data speeds below 3G(the origional iPhone's data speed)

So you can MMS? just you can't steam videos/music? Otherwise you can web browse facebook chat all that? and speeds are slower right?

thanks!

It's just limited to the edge network, everything else works fine. If you want to test it, turn off your 3g now and you'll see the speeds and limitations (if you even notice it). I prefer my unlocked phone on tmobile because I'd rather pay 10 dollars instead of 30 per month and use wifi for anything bandwidth intensive.

I also rarely used 3g when I was on att because it uses more battery than edge and it wasn't a huge deal when I needed it most: gps and emails and forum/facebook posts. I saved downloading apps and media for when I was connected to wifi.

Just buy a t mobile phone, edge is so slow its like using dial up for real...

actually the original iPhone was EDGE only :) Part of why it needed the updated 3G model so quickly

Yes, that's why I thought iPhone 1G was a complete fail. I still don't approve with Apple always 1 step behind. It's dissappointing. I get the reason: be 1 step behind, but get it right, but 3.5" display again... come on...

Unfortunately I promised my GF I'd switch to an iPhone with her. This was before iPhone 4S was launched. I was banging on the fact that regardless they would definately make it with a larger screen. Fail. Maybe Siri can be my new GF and then my GF will get jealous and then she'll ask me to change my phone and then bye bye iPhone hahaha.

I have tmobile and unlimted messaging (mms included) but I do not have a data plan and turned off data usage on my iphone. I have edited settings to try to get mms to work (google it) but you need to have a data plan for it to work. Just to let you know.

Back