TMo: Dish or Comcast?

CHANG3D

Supreme [H]ardness
If Comcast gets TMo, my one account on TMo will be dropped immediately upon the news. I'm not even going to wait to regulators' approval.

Right now, the only big 4 networks whose politics I could somewhat agree with is Sprint and a little bit okay with TMo. With Comcast, hell no TMo. Even AT&T is better in comparison. Hopefully Dish gets TMo if not another surprise merger from Sprint.

I've been a very satisfied T-Mo customer since 2012, but have zero interest in being swallowed up by Comcast. Hell, I'm ditching Comcast as soon as Google Fiber is ready for my building (late 2015). Looks like I might be switching cell service, too.

What? Comcast is trying to buy out T-Mobile? If that happens, I'm switching carriers.

I won't unless their plan changes. For the money they are the best IMO. The biggest thing is that you get free international data. As someone who travels a lot this is a big deal. It means I don't bother with buying a throw a way sim anymore while in another country.
They also give free texting from airplane wifi which is again a big deal as someone who travels.

The base 1gb of data is enough for me. I could maybe see some of the other carriers ending up being a better deal if you used an assload of data, but I don't. After corporate discount I'm only paying $45 a month. All the other big carriers are at least 10 bucks more expensive even after discount, and they don't have the aforementioned features as well.

Last edited:
I've been a very satisfied T-Mo customer since 2012, but have zero interest in being swallowed up by Comcast. Hell, I'm ditching Comcast as soon as Google Fiber is ready for my building (late 2015). Looks like I might be switching cell service, too.
You lucky uncletrucker... JEALOUS!

Here in my neck of the woods it is either Comcast or the inadequate AT&T U-Verse. And my area is not listed in soon-to-come Comcast's fiber list either. But even if Comcast brings fiber to my neighborhood, if there is a competitor offering fast enough speeds, I'm going with the competitor. Stupid frigging local monopolies... Hopefully FCC's new net neutrality rules that Comcast opposes will bring competition.

Worst of all is my city's utility company actually have pipes in place to offer municipal broadband. This plan was conjured up in the late Clinton years, and built out for the next decade. But then a certain state congresswoman (Marsha "Corrupt As Hell" Blackburn) killed the plan. Whereas another city in the state got municipal broadband... (the state is Tennessee).

This is one of the biggest reasons I support Sprint, who supports Net Neutrality. Because we could have gotten municipal broadband here that would at the very least make competition happen.

Comcast said they are not interested, but for all we know they are in advanced stages of closing the merger.

I really hope it happens with Dish. I do love my Tmo plan, but the coverage is spotty at best. All that unused spectrum Dish is sitting on would go a long way.

Back