TLD's and other issues

vertigo

n00b
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
4
ok, I have a URL and some webspace and I have a friend who wants me to host his site in exchange for some advertisement.
now, when he bought his URL, he had to type in something like this "dns9.whbdns.com" and "dns10".whbdns.com" (those are mine, I don't know his)
and that forwards to the index page in his webspace.
Now, he wants his domain to point to my webspace. This means that if he just typed in dns9.whbdns.com and dns10.whbdns.com then it would just go to MY index page.
We both don't want that is there any way to set it up to forward to something like "index/his URL/his index"?
Thanks for helping me understand this guys.
 
Yes, it is possible. Talk to your hosting provider and tell them what you just wrote here. Some hosts will charge a fee for multiple domains.

--KK
 
So there is no direct way to do it without host intervetion?
I sent them an email about it though.
 
vertigo said:
So there is no direct way to do it without host intervetion?
I sent them an email about it though.

You *might* be able to do it if the host provides some sort of web management with the option. Check in your cpanel/plesk/etc settings if you have access to it.

--KK
 
Back
Top