TL-WR741ND

smelly

Weaksauce
I'm looking for a wireless router to replace my d-link DI-524. The router is always restarting whenever I do any heavy loading.

I'm not looking for wireless-n, or any fancy features. I'd be happy with a 802.11g router. I need it to have 4 ports in the back, so I connect 2 xbox's and 2 computers. I really want to stay away from netgear and d-link. I found the TL-WR741ND. For $35 shipped it looks like a great deal. I can't find too many user reviews on it so I'm not sure how it will perform but according to cnet it survived a 24hr stress test, which is a really important factor for me.

If anyone has any info on it, or any other suggestions please let me know. Thank you

http://www.directron.com/tlwr741nd.html

I do not have a problem with linksys, I was looking at the wrt54gl, but i typed it in google and a whole bunch of people are having problems with disconnecting.

I looked at the router you suggested and from the reviews it looks like people have problems with it disconnecting as well. But thanks anyway for the suggestion, I appreciate your help.

I'll probably buy the tp-link one and give it a try. Whatever reviews I can find say its good except its not full n, but i don't care about that anyway.

I would not rely on anything people on google or newegg say. Find a review from a reputable site and make your decisions from there. And when it comes to networking, expect that a lot of people will complain because they set their shit up wrong.

WRT54GL is one of the most lauded and reputable routers around. Moreso if you install third-party firmware which is easy and highly recommended.

If you want something cheaper, get an ASUS WL-520gU and also install third party firmware.

Back