Titanfall - Respawn Entertainment's first game

Eh, I dunno. I remember Diablo 2 being a nearly unplayable mess when it was released, the same for Battlefield 2 and a number of other games in the late 90's/early 00's.

Quake often had people browsing servers and trying to adjust client side prediction more often than actually playing the game. Half Life 2 required Steam which was a hot mess for multiple days. Online games have had launch problems since we've had online games.

I seem to recall the Internet being plenty widespread by then. I am talking stuff like Doom 2 and Quake...I don't remember them having a ton of bugs on release...at least nothing game-breaking that I ever encountered. They did have patches but they weren't essential right off the bat.

Those were a mess at release as well... but it was more hardware related. Remember IRQ's, jumpers, soundcards and all that jazz? Shit used to work less often. And in those days if it didn't work there was no "wait for a patch" you just flat out threw your money away and that was that.

PC gaming has always been a giant cluster fuck.

game is running great all maxed other then insane textures on my 580GTX so eh

I was trying to find reviews, more in depth than metacritic and gaming sites like IGN... so I ended up on Respawn's forum, reading about hackers who are hacking the game:

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9322

Sadly....

b5m7.png

Last edited:
Eh, I dunno. I remember Diablo 2 being a nearly unplayable mess when it was released, the same for Battlefield 2 and a number of other games in the late 90's/early 00's.

Among the many games that released as a hot mess (Diablo 3 is another). Its common place for games to launch fucked up. Frankly Titanfall has been great for me , no match issues , runs like a champ. I think considering how often PC gamers get fucked with ports this one was actually decent. That doesn't mean it can't benefit from some patching but there have been far .. far worse launches for a big AAA title like this.

Plus getting Titanfall for $33 didn't hurt at all.

If you need to cheat to do well in Titanfall then you should quit gaming entirely. Titanfall is as easy as possible to play , it completely rewards the player for almost everything you do even when you lose.

Just pathetic.

If you need to cheat to do well in Titanfall then you should quit gaming entirely. Titanfall is as easy as possible to play , it completely rewards the player for almost everything you do even when you lose.

Just pathetic.

More often times it's not about 'need', it's about 'want'. Trolls be trollin man

Just pathetic.

You are aware that the biggest selling points of PC gaming since it's start have always been.

1. You can steal the game easy as fuck and there is a huge community for it.
2. You can cheat like crazy and there is a huge community for it.

Those have always been the biggest selling points of PC vs console. Needing it has nothing to do with it. The entire selling point and advantage has always been "dude you don't have to pay for any game and you can't cheat like crazy beyond the 30 life code for contra". That's our community, or the vast majority of it. Complaining about it is like complaining about racism and guns in America, it's the reason it exists since the word go.

You are aware that the biggest selling points of PC gaming since it's start have always been.

1. You can steal the game easy as fuck and there is a huge community for it.
2. You can cheat like crazy and there is a huge community for it.

Those have always been the biggest selling points of PC vs console. Needing it has nothing to do with it. The entire selling point and advantage has always been "dude you don't have to pay for any game and you can't cheat like crazy beyond the 30 life code for contra". That's our community, or the vast majority of it. Complaining about it is like complaining about racism and guns in America, it's the reason it exists since the word go.

man, you have a very dark and distorted view of PC Gaming. best to get out before you get an ulcer.

I hear the Xbone is pretty sweet? :p

Finally got a chance To play last night. Got from lv 1 to 6, god I love this game so far. I like the fact titans arnt overpowered at all, they almost seem to be a hindrance at times. I destroyed 4 titans one match by stalking them, waiting till they were damaged and jumping on top and finishing them or being ballsy and jumping on when there in a firefight with another titan. Nothing more epic than jumping off a building and free falling then grabbing that enemy titan ripping it open and killing it.

So far I'm very impressed, is it ground breaking new gameplay? No, but I think for it it does have its doing its job well. Don't come into it expecting some new hardcore newage revolutionary shooter. Come Into it expecting a fun easy to pickup and play game, the pacing reminds me of almost like battlefield or something. Not fast like cod but not as slow as halo IMO.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance To play last night. Got from lv 1 to 6, god I love this game so far. I like the fact titans arnt overpowered at all, they almost seem to be a hindrance at times. I destroyed 4 titans one match by stalking them, waiting till they were damaged and jumping on top and finishing them or being ballsy and jumping on when there in a firefight with another titan. Nothing more epic than jumping off a building and free falling then grabbing that enemy titan ripping it open and killing it.

So far I'm very impressed, is it ground breaking new gameplay? No, but I think for it it does have its doing its job well. Don't come into it expecting some new hardcore newage revolutionary shooter. Come Into it expecting a fun easy to pickup and play game, the pacing reminds me of almost like battlefield or something. Not fast like cod but not as slow as halo IMO.

How do you jump on a titan? Just jump on it and it'll automatically latch you on?

by stalking them, waiting till they were damaged and jumping on top and finishing them or being ballsy and jumping on when there in a firefight with another titan. Nothing more epic than jumping off a building and free falling then grabbing that enemy titan ripping it open and killing it.

It's fun I agree but it's too easy to destroy a titan this way. There needs to be a way to remove the rider without exiting the titan.

It's fun I agree but it's too easy to destroy a titan this way. There needs to be a way to remove the rider without exiting the titan.

Its called the electrical cloud ability. Pop that and kneel down in it......and the rider is toast in about 3 seconds if they don't get off.

Its called the electrical cloud ability. Pop that and kneel down in it......and the rider is toast in about 3 seconds if they don't get off.

Electric smoke right? Learn something new.

edit: Ability Unlock: Level 13....I'm not even there yet.

Ya I got my first zap last night from it. Still all last night I killed about 10-12 titans by riding them. only got killed 3 times trying. Once by electric smoke and once by a pilot that ejected and killed me and once by another pilot that shot me off

You guys having fun?! I had a blast in the beta. I'm too wrapped up in BF4 at the moment to buy another FPS. I'll pick this up eventually.

As others have mentioned, there's the electric smoke (which is also really useful against titans). But you can also shoot missiles at a nearby wall and have the splash damage kill them, you can request a teammate to shoot it off, or you could plant arc mines on your Titan's back which will explode when someone tries to climb on.

Last edited:
I keep trying to complete the campaign, but it never finds anyone so it dumps me in the levels I already beat.

Started playing this evening. Pretty dang fun. Fast paced, good graphics, runs great. I'll be getting my 40 bucks worth out of it.

Something here I don't understand, if this game used Microsoft's cloud technology, which is one of the reasons why this game isn't coming out of PS3/PS4, why did EA publish it? Shouldn't Microsoft Studios publish this game instead?

As others have mentioned, there's the electric smoke (which is also really useful against titans). But you can also shoot missiles at a nearby wall and have the splash damage kill them, you can request a teammate to shoot it off, or you could plant arc mines on your Titan's back which will explode when someone tries to climb on.

Thanks for the info.

whats so great about this for 90 AUD, all it does is say verifying files and errors after a minute

seriously fuck you, if moneys involved you deserve a fuck you

Played for several hours last night and having a blast. This is one of the more purely fun FPS that I've played in a long time.

I feel that one of the big successes of this game is that skilled players can still dominate, but newer players can still enjoy themselves and not feel like they are wasting their time.

Clearly it's the game, and not your computer somehow even though so many others are playing it just fine.

I've been around the block long enough to know when it's my problem vs. their problem.

I am not alone in this. It his horribly optimized for PC, and the issue is real.

I have tried new drivers, old drivers, windowed mode, all possible Vsync options both in and out of game, all possible settings in game. Hell I even went as far as to re-format. This happens with both my GTX 570 and my GTX 770.

The game and/or drivers have something amiss.

See HERE: and HERE: if you think I'm making this up.
http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/20dzdj/respectfully_request_devs_word_on_performance/

www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/20ccg1/beta_was_60fps_constantly_now_i_get_40_fps/

Played a while earlier. Loving it like I did the beta. Runs flawlessly at max settings. It fills a whole I had for online FPS since I will no longer play Battlefield games. This and the new Diablo III have finally removed any need for me to play DOTA 2, so I finally uninstalled it.

Anyone else getting shit for matchmaking? Been getting matched up 4v6 a lot which generally ends up pretty badly unless the other team is completely inept.

Anyone else getting shit for matchmaking? Been getting matched up 4v6 a lot which generally ends up pretty badly unless the other team is completely inept.
I've had no problems getting Hardpoint and Attrition on the US East servers, but Campaign seems pretty empty now. The other game modes don't really appeal to me.

I've had no problems getting Hardpoint and Attrition on the US East servers, but Campaign seems pretty empty now. The other game modes don't really appeal to me.

Ya, maybe it's just campaign, thank god I'm done with that shit now lol

I bought it on Origin, but then returned it after playing it for a few hours. The gameplay didn't feel as fun as it looked on the videos, and I just didn't get the feeling Titanfall was going to unseat CoD and/or BF. I'm happy Origin has their great game guarantee in place. Maybe I'll try again if it's super popular down the road and on sale.

I bought it on Origin, but then returned it after playing it for a few hours. The gameplay didn't feel as fun as it looked on the videos, and I just didn't get the feeling Titanfall was going to unseat CoD and/or BF. I'm happy Origin has their great game guarantee in place. Maybe I'll try again if it's super popular down the road and on sale.
It's funny you mention that because while I was waiting in line to pick up my preorder at Gamestop, 3 people in front of me traded CoD: Ghosts and 2 people traded BF4 for a copy of Titanfall on XBONE ;).

It's funny you mention that because while I was waiting in line to pick up my preorder at Gamestop, 3 people in front of me traded CoD: Ghosts and 2 people traded BF4 for a copy of Titanfall on XBONE ;).

That's because CoD Ghosts is probably one of the worst games in history, and BF4 isn't far behind it(If you already played BF3 that is). Not really surprising.

Back