Titanfall Devs Have More Than One Game in the Works

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Oct 31, 2018.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

After poor Titanfall 2 sales, the future of Respawn and the Titanfall series seemed grim. But in their Q2 2019 Earnings Call, EA confirmed that Titanfall developers Respawn will release more than one game next year. We already know that Respawn is working on a Star Wars Game, but EA's CEO said that "games from Respawn that are slated to launch by next holiday season." EA later confirmed that the word "games" was used deliberately.

But I think I got what you said, which is you heard Andrew use a plural when he said games from Respawn. Just consider that a little Easter egg left in the earnings call for you. We'll announce more when we get there. But clearly we've got a lot of things working with all of our studios, and you should assume that there will be some things that we haven't announced that come out later in the year when we go to give guidance for next year.

I'm calling it now. Titanfall Royale, coming in time for Holiday 2019

2. purple_monster

purple_monster Gawd

i would play that. ill play any br. im terrible too.

3. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

Titanfall 2 did better than most people think. While 3 million copies is nothing compared to Battlefield or Call of Duty, for a smaller IP with a bad release date, that is pretty impressive. Not to mention it got good user and critic reviews, so even if that franchise is dies, it is worth keeping the devs around.

schlitzbull, Nolan7689 and Armenius like this.
  4. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Love Titanfall. Would love to see another one. Hopefully next time EA won't fuck it over with the release window.

Nolan7689 likes this.
  5. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 [H]ard|Gawd

TF2 was a great singleplayer experience and the little bit of multiplayer I did play was fun enough.

schlitzbull likes this.
  6. Seventyfive

Seventyfive [H]ard|Gawd

TF2 had an amazing singleplayer campaign but the maps for MP were garbage and drove away a large portion of the player base. Just read any forums and it was nonstop complaints about Crash Site and Complex, just awful maps. And since Respawn forces matchmaking on you with no way to filter what maps you play, everyone kept getting stuck into these maps because people would drop from them. Eventually I started quitting those maps as soon as the map loaded in, I don't care about my W/L record, I play to have fun and I don't have fun on garbage maps. Hopefully Respawn learns from their mistakes but I doubt it. They're COD guys through and through and love the idea of forced matchmaking with no ways to filter or enhance your experience.

7. Rahh

Rahh [H]ard|Gawd

I didn't have a chance to play Titanfall 2 MP but I always wanted to. COD has the same problem with garbage maps and people leaving games with no penalties.

8. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Gawd

TF2 was great. the problem was EA releasing it in between two big-name titles. Not sure what they were thinking but It looks like they wanted TF2 to fail. lol

Armenius likes this.
  9. jahsoul

jahsoul Gawd

I hope not.....we gotta know what happened to BT. :nailbiting:

10. Sikkyu

Sikkyu I Question Reality

Titanfall very polished, but overall I could classify it as "neat"

11. umeng2002

umeng2002 Gawd

EA going to kill Respawn too?

12. doubletake

doubletake Gawd

He went to the great scrapyard in the sky :(

13. percydaman

percydaman Limp Gawd

A really good Star Wars game will set them up nicely. It'll sell well.

14. profiled

profiled Limp Gawd

poor Respawn :(