Titan with PCIe 2.0 ok?

AstroCat

Limp Gawd
I've got a 2600k on an Asus p8z68-v pro which has PCI Express 2.0, I'd love to splurge and get an EVGA Titan card. Will I be gimped not having PCI 3.0 with the Titan? Currently I'm using a 680. Thanks for the advice.

you should be good to go, if it did affect performance it would be under 2% and this would probably even be less in higher resolutions. Your good to go, enjoy

Yeah, I thought I remembered it would be fine but started to second guess myself. :)

I made some tests using 3DMark11 and the New 3DMark with my HD 7970 OC to 1.20GHz, and couldn't find any difference in score between PCI-E 2.0 @ 8x vs 16x. Titan is faster, but doubt that will saturate the PCI-E enough specially when most games and drivers try to fit most of the data on the videocard.

Callsignvega did some really good testing on this. Basically the results showed that at your resolution and 1 card the difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is negligible. It concluded that where you really find a need for pci 3.0 is when you use extremes resolutions with multiple gpus.

Check it out, there's actually a huge difference if the above two criteria are met.
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1537816&mpage=1&print=true

Back