• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Titan Quest II Announced

Amazing. I hope they update the movement, but I really loved the semi realistic/historic aspects of the original. (please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good)
 
Excited for this! I want an ARPG that is story focused and the game play is not just about "drops". Maybe D4 is like that, have not played it yet.
 
I played OG Titan Quest: Immortal Throne non-stop for YEARS until Grim Dawn came out..

BUT, I'm highly skeptical this unheard-of studio under THQ Nordic can "deliver the goods" :cigar:

Hopefully I'm wrong.. *fingers crossed
 
They got some big shoes to fill for sure. It's almost like Crate should've been the ones to do it. This needs to be epic!
*fingers crossed indeed
The screenshots on the store page aren't looking to bad
 
Would be really interested in this also. Loved Titan's Quest, but it is 2023 so I can't help but be jaded and think: are they really going to release a Titan Quest game or is it just going to use the name and make some monetization Diablo 3/4 always online abomination with enough data mining to tell if your prostate is in good health?
 
I preordered the original back in 2006 from Gamestop but when I played it on my CRT my eyes bleed so bad I couldn't play it. I can play the remastered version on my LCD or OLED with no problem.
 
Last edited:
I played OG Titan Quest: Immortal Throne non-stop for YEARS until Grim Dawn came out..

BUT, I'm highly skeptical this unheard-of studio under THQ Nordic can "deliver the goods" :cigar:

Hopefully I'm wrong.. *fingers crossed
Ditto on playing TQ and then following the team as they developed GD.

I did some research on Grimlore game developer and they seem to have some experience blending RTS and ARPG with the Spellforce franchise. It certainly looks good from screenshots and game play I quickly looked through. THQ Nordic has been a decent caretaker of Titan Quest, even releasing some DLC.

Fingers crossed working together they can pull this off, because I'd love to revisit a modernized game and it's setting in ancient Greece.🤞🤞
 
The original still looks good enough and is a decent bit of fun. Seems like the ARPG genre is making a bit of a come back
 
When I read this in the Titan Quest 2 description: "Customize your hero, then form your own class by combining two masteries."

First thing that came to mind:
5kho8b.jpg


Arthur Bruno should have IP rights on that idea imo..
 
Hype! I really enjoyed Titan Quest. I liked the change of scenery vs everything from dark in diablo 2. The class system was fun, too. I can't remember the class I played most, i think by the time I was done ai had played most of them. I hope they keep the dual class thing alive. I'd even be fine with leaving the tree the way it was. PoE and D4 both tried to reinvent the wheel, and not sure it's necessarily better
 
I hope they really make the skill trees interesting. The dual mastery system was cool and I think unique at the time. You could make some really powerful combination that really benefitted each others strengths and also weaknesses. The setting was also really great to look at.
 


Honest thoughts here.... First off, I'll try just about ANY A-RPG at this point smh

But, why do all the latest ones (D4/Last Epoch/TQ2) all have this claymation look to them??

Also, same environments/enemy-types from TQ1... No real gameplay shown outside of some clunky combat animations

And stealing loot beams from Grim Internals/Grim Dawn - That's just shameless lol (even the same sound effects practically)

- We'll see how the skill trees pan out and how the actual combat "feels". Outside of that, my primary concern is THQ monetizing this to death with DLC like they did with their god-awful expansions for TQ:Anniversary

Prove me wrong THQ, please.
 
I think the maps look much better (but i has been 6 months since last played), Agree on the rest. At the end of the day I'm very interested, but will wait for reviews.
 
Looking forward to this, the first game was great. Using classic mythology to create the game world made for a lot of different settings to fight through, and a more colourful setting than your typical Diablo clone.
 
The first game, for its time, was terrific. It was my game of the summer that year.

Typically though, for me, the magic doesn’t repeat. But I’ll hope for the best.

The animation looks a little stiff. Also, the first game had great atmosphere. That will be key.
 
I must be going crazy, as I thought there already was a titan quest 2 years ago.
 
There was a playtest during this weekend. You could have signed up through Steam if you saw the option. I just completed the demo which was about 1 hour worth of game. Overall it was ok. Biggest issues was frame rate was all over the place. The graphics looked nice but I don't think it justified the low frame rates. Other ARPG are able to look just as good while running better.

Gameplay was ok. Every ARPG starts out super slow so this was hard to judge. The demo was hopefully just a small slice of what was available as the available masteries to pick was low. The skill options were also mixed on what I liked, not much inspiration I guess considering what ARPG are available now. I rarely do it but I spent some time on the survey so hope the devs can take my incoherent thoughts and improve the game lol.

I would probably buy this just because its another ARPG but has work if it was to meet the current options available, which is no easy thing to accomplish(PoE set the bar high).

Did anyone else take a look at the playtest?
 
Looks like their delaying Early Access to summer of 2025.

First of all, we want to give you an update about the release situation. We have previously announced that we will release Titan Quest II as an Early Access product in Winter 2024/2025 and we believe our product is in a great state for that. However, we are closely monitoring the market and realized there was a lot of noise with regards to ARPG in our targeted release window. We therefore decided to move the start of Early Access to summer. We hope to be able to announce a fixed date very soon.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1154030/announcements/detail/517461245625892874
 
Back
Top