Titan Quest help needed

tikicult

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so I have been playing a Warfare/Earth melee guy with my bro who is a Storm/Spirt guy. We just beat Normal the other night and together we can tear through anything. But, now he is gone for a week and I discovered that I suck at soloing. I am drinking health pots like water. I figured that I must have gimped myself along the way knowing that my bro would be with me when we played.

What should I be looking for as far as stats and item bonuses go?? Right now I am dual-weilding and doing about 360 DPS. Is that good? Bad? BTW, this is all on Epic difficulty now. And I am level 34. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

360 DPS is about right for starting epic. The thing with dual wield is that if you're going to add points to the early skills, you have to max out the whole dual wield line to be effective. Pets are also pretty important for epic, because melee simply can't just go in the middle and slash away anymore. I'd suggest for you to max out the ancestoral horn for warfare so that they can help you from time to time (The cooldown is long!). Since you have earth also, you can also get core deweler to helptoo. If nothing helps, you can always go back to normal and farm Typhon a bit until you get better items.

I'm a level 37 Warfare/Naure and i'm gliding through epic way faster than normal. I maxed out ancestoral horn for warfare (summon 5 pet warriors that each do 160 dmg), refresh for nature (no cooldown time for all spells), and heart of oak for nature (gives each of my 5 pet warriors 4000 hp).

Yeah, My DPS on my Hunter/Nature build @ lvl 38 is 460 with a bow, 890 with a spear.
(Bow shoots through mobs)

I'm about halfway through Epic (End of Egypt) and I'm kicking it's ass. Way more easy then normal. I farmed the last boss for items on normal quite a bit though. I found that just running past all the mobs right to Typhon was best.

I think I might put some points into Core Dweller then. Seems like I just need something to keep me from getting overwhelmed. I also really don't like the idea of farming Typhon. My bro and I farmed the last Telkine and Typhon about 12 times each the other night and all we got was crap for loot. All yellows and maybe 3 or 4 green/blues total. Complete waste of time.

Melee is TOTALLY gimped in TQ. If you want to even stand a chance in Legendary mode, you'll have to play a ranged character.

Period.

theNoid said:
Melee is TOTALLY gimped in TQ. If you want to even stand a chance in Legendary mode, you'll have to play a ranged character.

Period.

Yikes. I went melee/defense.

Still on epic though.

for those who are in epic/legendary, how do the pets (core dweller specifically) hold up?

i started to notice that he went down especially fast toward the end of "normal" so i have some concerns.

theNoid said:

Period.

Heh, very true. They need to fix it somehow or make the mages weaker so it brings more balance to the game. I've seen a much lower level mage tear through bosses and mobs like nothing.

the problem is that mages attacks bypass armor all together, and resistances to thier various elemental powers cannot be maxed...or risen too easily. Add to that the fact that armor doesnt do too much anway, and shields have a cool down time for every block they make (also armor/shields dont block piercing/bleeding damage) and you've got some piss poor melee'ers

I'm a Warden (hunter/defense) and most battles start with me shooting arrows and then hitting the mages with takedown, gulping a health pot and moving on...

also, too much undead in TQ

I do friggin love it though :p

I've found combining Warfare with Defense to be a good melee combo. Defense's Adrenaline (5% chance 25x health recharge 12secs) with Resilience (fast adrenaline recharge) combined with weapons that convert damage done to health, mean my melee char often leaves a fight with more health then when starting.

Melee does seem pretty gimped on average though. If you don't carefully plan your melee char you can end up with a pretty piss poor fighter.

Although I agree that Melee are gimped in TQ, my Warfare/Nature is gliding through epic right now, way easier than normal mode. I pretty much don't even need to do anything since I have my 5 pets (each with 4000 HP and do 160 dmg) with me at all times. Even against bosses I don't even use health potions since I've got 5400 HP. However, I think I'm going to get owned when I go to legendary.

I've got a guardian going, and so far he owns. He's only level 28 but can do the second act in epic no problem. I still have to drink health pots like crack, but I'm having WAY more fun with him than i did my oracle.

Now that I think about it, I can definately see how melee is gimped. My brother is an Oracle and his Ice Shards just tear through anything. Alot of times, I'll be running in, and his Shards pass me and kill the entire group. It sucks. When I do get into a group to fight, my health just drops like a rock, mainly due to arrows. Why the hell is peircing damage so high?? I can barely survive arrows and spears.

yep...it would be nice if armor really had an impact, but really, there is only two weapons that dont do some kind of pierce damage: clubs and axes....anything with an enchangment will really mess you up too...like someone else said, get your core dweller going

Back