Tis' the season - Christmas trees

huh..... apart from the whole "artificial vs. real" christmas tree, I wouldn't ever buy a real tree without seeing it first. Not a hot deal because their 6'-7' tree is $95 after the discount.

You'd get a better deal by shopping a local tree lot.

huh..... apart from the whole "artificial vs. real" christmas tree, I wouldn't ever buy a real tree without seeing it first. Not a hot deal because their 6'-7' tree is $95 after the discount.

You'd get a better deal by shopping a local tree lot.

I used them last year, the tree was great. And no, the 6' - 7' in my area would be over $100 for a decent one. Plus we have a Golf and a Accord. Not strapping the tree to either car, the free shipping is great.

But hey, mileage may vary and all that.

3uH5zfq.jpg

I used them last year, the tree was great. And no, the 6' - 7' in my area would be over $100 for a decent one. Plus we have a Golf and a Accord. Not strapping the tree to either car, the free shipping is great.

But hey, mileage may vary and all that.

I have a Golf and an A3. You can fit a 6-7 foot tree inside the hatch with the seats down. Put a bag over the stump and secure it with a rubber band since it'll leak sap. Can also put some plastic trash bags down to protect the hatch area / back of the seats, but I never noticed any sap staying behind. It does take 10-15 minutes afterwards to vacuum up all the pine needles though.

We've gone to a local farm here in socal each of the last 3 years. We tend to go the 2nd week of December so by then it's somewhat slimmer pickings, but the great part is you can have a good time running around looking at trees that have been discounted. If you're patient, you can find a great looking tree for cheap. Our trees have all been around 6' and ranged from $35 to $60.

Since my wife got rid of her pickup truck, she's now got an A4. With the back seats down, we can fit a 7' tree pretty well. We put the bucket for the stand on the trunk, and cover the trunk in a moving blanket (top and bottom). The needles are a PITA though.

No way would it fit in my Camaro.

Just a couple of days left.

And no, I'm not dealing with needles in my car.

I love getting things delivered to my door and avoiding annoying shopping. But dammnit if I'm not a holdout for real honest-to-God Xmas tree shopping. That's the best part!

Back