• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Tis a sad day *tear*

stryder2720

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 29, 2004
Messages
5,939
Was a good card but in times of high heat and hot pr0n she died, and no amount of cooling or underclocking could save her. It will be missed. *bows head* :(
100_1042.jpg


VIVA LA X800XL!

x800xl-sm.jpg

Another $400.00 down the drain but hey your not [H]ard unless you kill expensive toys right? :D
Ona side note this 16mb nVidia Vanta, I just realized, really sucks..lol

Dont even ask me "why dont you RMA it"? I overclocked the shizznit outta it and HAD a NV5 on there...No RMA for me.
 
farewell kind videocard, I'm sure you brought much joy and happiness to the poor bloke who owned you.....
 
When I get my new card I will set this GT on fire and post it for your viewing pleasure.
 
That mustache on the fan really turns me on. It makes my heatsink fan spin faster too.
 
how did it just die...i overclocked the living shit out of my old 6800gt and had it runing at 1.6v (435x1210 all day long) and it never had a problem. Did you trie putting in another system maybe
 
stryder2720 said:
Dont even ask me "why dont you RMA it"? I overclocked the shizznit outta it and HAD a NV5 on there...No RMA for me.

10 points for honesty.
 
kpedge said:
10 points for honesty.

QFT!

Terra - A lot of people should take notice of this..as this is the PROPER behaviour when YOU are then one to blame...
 
Well I had it @ 450/1120 for the longest time..like august of 2004. As always I wanted it to go faster so I flashed the BIOS to 1.4v or 1.5v or something and Im 95% sure thats what killed it. Then a few days ago CS:S, WoW, DC, ect where crashing and artifacting like crazy. When I could get back to my destktop, usally I could not, I got this.
untitledLarge.bmp
compaired to the regular
desktopokLarge.bmp

When I could not get to my desktop my PC would hard lock then put out this awful high pitched sound out of my speakers then reboot. Also while watching movies if would lock up for a few seconds then continue to work, and it did that over and over again. I reflashed to 1.3v and clocked it back to 350/1000 but with no luck. I also underclocked it but it still did the same thing, along with trying different heatsinks as you can see from the pic. Oh well just a material object so i dont care.
I slap this Vanta card in and holy crap every thing, except games, works fine as in no more freezing.
*edit* Im a weee bit medicated right now so excuse any grammer issues I have.....and the size of the pics..a little small to see the artifacts.
Oh and I tested my PSU w/ my multimeter, tested the ram w/ memtest, and cpu with P95 . They all test OK.
 
AWWWW dont burn it!! send that thing to me :) I want a dead card..and it looks nice too hehe.
 
Hate_Bot said:
Nice X800XL, is that the BBA?

Im jealous
I dont have it yet but it will be the Sapphire AGP version. I just took any pic I could find of a X800XL. And No you cant have the card :p What good is it? Just gonna take up space. See burning it will allow for a more compact type of storage.
 
stryder2720 said:
What 5 bucks???
Im gonna BURN THE F*CKER!!! Thats way better than money :D
100_1043.jpg

The loss of a hardworking GFX card = sad moment
The understanding and support of fellow forum members = admirable

The torching of the dead card for all to see= Priceless
 
kpedge said:
Ronsonol is good, but include a couple of explosions! :D
LOL I'll try and get a pic of a cap blowing or something. :eek:
Im NOT doing this for a few days until I get some other things out of the way.
 
God bless you once for being honest about your hardware, and God bless you again for (eventually) letting us witness it's sweet passing into the other side in a flaming ball of glory! :D
 
Any way you would send me the hsf off it? I'll pay postage.
 
Terra said:
QFT!

Terra - A lot of people should take notice of this..as this is the PROPER behaviour when YOU are then one to blame...

amen to that...

video of the funeral pyre would be nice... :D
 
LOL let the firworks begin :D
buy some m-80's and duck tape them all over the card then put the ronsinol all over it and light that biatch up. Make a video and send it to PNY saying..."this is what happens to your cards when they over heat...bastards"
 
I wonder how big some of those caps blow.....(whips out old motherboard and oxyacetelyne torch....)
 
I can tell you from experience, dead video cards make excellent paperweights. Dead, burnt videocards might not be as effective, though.
 
get a friend to take pics and take a video as well.

this is about to get sweet :)
 
odd nimrod said:
I wonder how big some of those caps blow.....(whips out old motherboard and oxyacetelyne torch....)


Be careful, don't bust a cap in your a$$.

OK, I'm sorry... :(
 
While your at it, get some honey and ants and bees involved to bring out the innerkid in all of us =P
 
After its burned, you could take out a nice sledgehammer and get out a lot of your physical aggression like IceWind did to some old cases :)
 
Can't wait to see the card burn. I made a page a couple years back with total computer destruction. Set an old mobo ablaze. But it didn't last long without help of lighter fluid. No caps blew either, so that was a little disappointing.
 
Back
Top