• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Tips? Shooting at Night

whoami

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
365
Canon A95, my shooting settings for day are ( C ) USTOM setting w/ 50iso and flash off in daylight. Same settings with flash ON at night.

I even tried Auto setting at night and got horrid pictures w/ grain!

Here are some examples

3stangs%20018.jpg

3stangs%20001.jpg



Rather than carrying lights with me whenever I try to take pics at night, what settings would you guys recommend I try?

Thanks in advance.
 
First step is get that ISO up - try 400 or higher for more sensitivity (although grain will increase as you go up)
 
At night you only really have 2 options...

1) Higher ISO
2) More Lights

Sure you could also use a longer exposure time, but unless you add more light it could take 15-30 seconds or so just to get exposure about where it should be...especially if the only light I'm seeing in any of these pictures are those 60 watt outdoor lights...on the houses.

My recommendation would be to park the cars under a street lamp (more light) next time and maybe get a tripod to use with longer exposure times...
 
Longer exposure time works for me. Just gotta keep the ladies still long enough ;)
 
Back
Top