Tips for breaking bad posture habits?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Office Furniture' started by viivo, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:24 AM.

1. viivo

viivo Gawd

Apparently I'm too stupid to follow my own simple command: "Stop crossing your legs and turning your head to look at the monitor while sitting at a desk." It must be a subconcious desire to inflict pain on myself because, despite my intentions, I catch myself doing the same thing multiple times throughout the day, resulting in hellish neck and back aches. Could this be due in part to an improperly adjusted chair?

Any suggestions on how to go about correcting things like this would be greatly appreciated.

2. rob2000

rob2000 Gawd

could be, most of the under $300 chairs are only meant to sit in for a short period of time. I prefer a full height chair. some of the new ones have lumbar support. but for $25-$30 you can add the support pillow or mesh. though they will not be comfortable if you are not used to it. I bought a spine support cushion but I need a bigger one for me.

3. KarsusTG

KarsusTG 2[H]4U

Honestly, I did the same thing for years and have paid a hefty price for it. What fixed me was buying a ball to use, and then upgrading to a ball chair. I used this one for a good while.

https://www.amazon.com/LuxFit-Exerc...TF8&qid=1547586626&sr=1-5&keywords=ball+chair

4. TheRagnarok

TheRagnarok n00bie

Proper posture at the desk is a must. I work an IT desk job and game at my desk......
    Best method I have found is always position your butt as far back into the seat as you can.
    This promotes better posture along with proper relaxation and stretching routines.