• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

tips for avoiding electric shock, debezel mod.

fudge2011

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
493
Ive successfully stripped the bezel of a dell 1707fp 17' monitor.

The power cable isn't in and the green electric strip with the power button is hanging loose on its cable from the backplate.

It is on a multi-monitor stand :p but....

  1. Firstly I don't know if I even need to press the on button.

  • Secondly in which order should I connect the power cable....I would assume monitor then wall.

  • I assume I need some non-conductive tape to stick the green strip with buttons to the back of the monitor , with the rubber buttons that fell out.

  • When doing this can you actually press the metal buttons on the green strip (when power is connected) ,,,or do they have to be non-conductively attached to the monitor?
 
Chances are the buttons are only running between 3.3v and 5v. They almost never run full panel voltage through those buttons. I wouldn't bet my life on it, but if they have a cable that goes to the monitor from the controller and the controller itself is just a loose pcb with buttons on it you would be safe sticking it pretty much anywhere that the soldering points wouldn't ground out.

Something like this?

http://www.iccfl.com/images/universal_LCD_Monitor_5-Buttons_Board.JPG

If so then you should be good putting it wherever with some double sided tape.
 
Last edited:


thanks, I tested touching the button in with my nail (without power) and they seem to function okai as in press down, despite looking a little rusty (bought second hand) , should I just go ahead and ignore the rubber button casing then when i attach the power? also does the sticky tape have to be non-conductive 'electrical tape' or can it be any kind of tape?

20120610_163842.jpg
 
Back
Top