Namelessme
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2012
- Messages
- 1,161
I picked up a used Eizo 21"er on eBay to use as a secondary display, and after close examination I noticed two tiny little nicks... not quite scratches... sort of like 2 little marks, maybe a couple of pixels long.
Is there anything I can use to try to rub them out with? I did try cleaning solution, and even tried to use my fingernail (very gently), thinking they perhaps were just debris. But I didn't want to do anything crazy like try to scratch whatever it is away (pretty sure I'd just make it worse).
They aren't very noticeable at all, but if they are easy to fix, I'd like to do so. Just not sure if there is any special kind of solution or technique that may get rid of them.
I also noticed 1 stuck pixel, which I am going to try one of those 'stuck dead pixel' programs on. They never work for me, but figure I'll give it a shot. The nicks and stuck pixel thankfully aren't very noticeable, unless I really, really look for them. And since I got the monitor pretty cheap, and otherwise it looks like it's in great condition, I can't really complain. Like many here though, I tend to be picky with displays and little defects tend to bug me.
Is there anything I can use to try to rub them out with? I did try cleaning solution, and even tried to use my fingernail (very gently), thinking they perhaps were just debris. But I didn't want to do anything crazy like try to scratch whatever it is away (pretty sure I'd just make it worse).
They aren't very noticeable at all, but if they are easy to fix, I'd like to do so. Just not sure if there is any special kind of solution or technique that may get rid of them.
I also noticed 1 stuck pixel, which I am going to try one of those 'stuck dead pixel' programs on. They never work for me, but figure I'll give it a shot. The nicks and stuck pixel thankfully aren't very noticeable, unless I really, really look for them. And since I got the monitor pretty cheap, and otherwise it looks like it's in great condition, I can't really complain. Like many here though, I tend to be picky with displays and little defects tend to bug me.