Tiny console ITX case - Monster ITX project

LegoFab

Weaksauce
2018867b4705-fa5b-4aa3-93dc-cf92a469ff1d.png

A "Laptop" with desktop power? Monster ITX (M) is my answer.
Monster ITX (M) is a console ITX case, specifications:
-Inner dimensions: 332x212x64mm.
-Support ITX motherboard, 170mm (PSU inside) - 211mm length (PSU outside) graphic card.
-CPU cooler height max : 50mm.
-Support many PSU solution:
Fully inside AC/DC + DC/DC board up to 350 W.
AC/DC outside adapter + inside DC/DC board.
-Support 4x60mm (10mm thick) Fan.
-Support 4pin ATX power cord and a 4pin to standard AC cord cable.
-Material: Aluminium, Carbon steel or Stainless steel.
-Structures: 2mm metal sheets, connected by special hook method. Unique design.
-Finished: Sand blast, powder coated (carbon steel).
-Color: black and white for aluminium and stainless steel, many color for carbon steel version.
3D models:
20187499b574-e365-439f-89fb-8cdf6a71452f.png

2018dc1444c4-83ac-4b4c-a74b-1a684dd736e5.png

350W-12V solution installation:
20182c0b3270-4e83-4656-b794-a08a83cb6dd4.png

300W-24V PSU solution installation:
20188312a273-ce60-4bc2-afff-2dc8efa6c446.png

I hope this will be good choice for you in many available ITX cases.

Welcome to the forums LegoFab :)

How do you plan for your case to differentiate from/compete with NFC S4 Mini/Skyreach 4 MINI? Because this looks really like clone of those cases.

Does the top frame with 2.5" hdd mounts come off or do you plan to keep it as a part of the frame? Because it might be really hard to mount the GPU with such obstruction or put inside that AC/DC adapter.

Welcome to the forums LegoFab :)

How do you plan for your case to differentiate from/compete with NFC S4 Mini/Skyreach 4 MINI? Because this looks really like clone of those cases.

Does the top frame with 2.5" hdd mounts come off or do you plan to keep it as a part of the frame? Because it might be really hard to mount the GPU with such obstruction or put inside that AC/DC adapter.
Thank for interesting.
"How do you plan for your case to differentiate from/compete with NFC S4 Mini/Skyreach 4 MINI? Because this looks really like clone of those cases." : Both my case and those case has same function and same console type so you think it look same same, but my case has much difference structure and ventilation also specification, you can easy disassembly it to see. Bottom and top cover can be metal, acrylic or glass..., solid or with any kind of vent hole (it's options). My case support all gigabyte mini series (inside AC/DC adapter) and Zotac mini series (outside AC/DC adapter).
"Does the top frame with 2.5" hdd mounts come off or do you plan to keep it as a part of the frame? Because it might be really hard to mount the GPU with such obstruction or put inside that AC/DC adapter."
It's a part of frame, to install adapter, just remove front cover:
2018e51e6cd5-930c-43dc-bdec-a8bda09e433d.png

So easy right?

I see you have an interesting approach to putting walls of the case together. This might be good for the manufacturing and shipping cost but make sure that putting together a PC in it isn't too hard for your customer. From what I can see, you might need a detailed manual for this since you will put the frame together during the process of component installation, which isn't optimal.

You'll have to make few prototypes to figure that out and show people some photos that it is really working. Your prototypes should give you some rough idea on the thermal performance as well.

Also it would be good to have some renders showing how will it look painted with all the panels screwed in by actual screws.

I see you have an interesting approach to putting walls of the case together. This might be good for the manufacturing and shipping cost but make sure that putting together a PC in it isn't too hard for your customer. From what I can see, you might need a detailed manual for this since you will put the frame together during the process of component installation, which isn't optimal.

You'll have to make few prototypes to figure that out and show people some photos that it is really working. Your prototypes should give you some rough idea on the thermal performance as well.

Also it would be good to have some renders showing how will it look painted with all the panels screwed in by actual screws.
This time is lunar new year, I'm going to finish prototype soon after this, I done some old design before and it look overall nice even without surface treatment.
Old design:
20185f2aa73d-855a-42cf-83f6-4bd0451fb583.jpg

Update 3 Mar 2018
- Prototype arrived.
- Kit for water cooler.
- Kit for SFX PSU.
- Kit for increasing CPU cooler height.

My fabrication method work excellent:
See all image : https://flic.kr/s/aHsku2s4jK
Some change:
Kit for SFX PSU:
QYBLtME.jpg
UchiI7A.jpg

Kit for increasing CPU cooler height and water cooler (mounted side panel):
3XmfIgo.jpg

I will not test thermal performance because sure it better than other case (see ventilation system) and the MB in image not working.
Price :
140$ for steel version (include PCIE riser and international shipping) + color option.
200$ for stainless steel version (include PCIE riser and international shipping) ( silver or black only).
I also provide bending version with same price. Look same but no screw in front panel.

I will not test thermal performance

Wo, I think at lease a baseline test should be ran. Possibly any CPU with a stock cooler? Looks like you have an Intel CPU and stock cooler so you’re already on track! This was others may make they’re own assessments on what CPU/Cooler combo can be achieved with this case.

Also like industrial/utilitarian look of your case design.

Wo, I think at lease a baseline test should be ran. Possibly any CPU with a stock cooler? Looks like you have an Intel CPU and stock cooler so you’re already on track! This was others may make they’re own assessments on what CPU/Cooler combo can be achieved with this case.

Also like industrial/utilitarian look of your case design.
That is a defect ITX set, I buy to test hardware compatibility. Of course, I will make a final one and buy a new ITX set to test, almost important thing was done.

New design for model L, support both SFX (SFX-L as well) and FLEX PSU, No screw in front panel and option slim drive allow you to install front panel like this:
fps01w-front.jpg

j5XUhh3.png

Adjustable GPU card holder allow you to shift GPU card up to 5mm vertical and 13mm horizontal (use PCIE flex riser ) for any size GPU:
3bf8FVq.png

pV4b5QT.jpg

QmqD8tU.jpg

Back