Tiny Cardboard Case (mATX)

illa3d

n00b
Made out of two shoe-boxes, a dozen nuts&bolts and some sticky tape :)

Dimensions:
26 x 29.5 x 14 cm

Specs:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ with default cooler
Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT
Segate 320GB, SATA
2GB DDR2 800mhz
Chieftec 400W

c01.jpg

Ha, this is very cool man! It's it pretty quiet? Very eco friendly case. Nicely done!

Thanks!
The noisiest thing in there is the old hard drive. Besides that there are only 3 fans inside the case. The AMD's 3600+ is quiet even on full load, GFX card cooler is quieter than the CPU cooler and the PSU cooler, the main extractor of hot air from the case, is low rpm too.

Great Job! It looks professionally built :)

I would worry about a fire hazard though. :eek:

Fantastic case, really minimal. In fact you've tempted me to try somthing similar, albeit with a slightly different layout. :)

I dug up the switch from an electronic parts bunch my dad has, I really liked the retro feel of it :)

Thanks!

Fire hazard is not an option, sice overally no component gets hotter than 45 celsius under maximum stress (it's a render support machine).

Fire hazard is not an option, sice overally no component gets hotter than 45 celsius under maximum stress (it's a render support machine).

Including things like MOSFETs and other voltage supply components? You cant rule out the possibility of shorts either. Just because it runs cool doesnt mean its not a fire hazard.

So far so good, I'm using it often as a projector PC. Even used it as a constantly on download machine for a couple of weeks.

I'm still alive, my apartment wasn't singed by the raging flaming inferno. Temperatures are still a decent 35 celsius average. Case withstood a lot of moving around, this time the cardboard is really stirdy (this being a v3 of the cardboard mod i did). I'm quite pleased with the mini PC :)

No reinforcements whatsoever. Just hard compressed cardboard, quite stirdy I might add.
Only metal pieces in there are the screws and little tin pieces on the other side to catch the screws.

The components inside are stacked in the manner of giving constructional support, ie: power supply is pushed into one corner and is doing a wounderful job at it, graphic card is secured with a narrow slot so it's holding the lid without bending.

Back