TimeWarner Wierdness

Jsalpha2

Limp Gawd
I hope this is in the correct place. I have TWC and my location is mis-identified. I live in Mansfield, OH, but when I go to various sites on the internet, my location is Erie, Penn. For example if I go to titantv.com to get the tv schedule, it says here are your stations for City of Erie. If I go to Walmart.com, it says my closest store is in Erie Penn. I was on the phone with TWC for an hour and they could not figure it out, then I was dis-connected. My neighbors have the same problem, so it is not my computer. Anyone have this happen to them. Anyone know what is going on? It is not major annoying and I don't want to stay on the phone for another hour. Thanks

Few day's late in reply. Did you get it fixed, or give up?

Used to work at TWC Business (not residential so don't flame on meh, I know residential service sucks!), saw similar issues with TV boxes getting pushed to the wrong time zone ect. However, this could be on TWC side or it could be something else, even if your neighbor is experiencing the same problem. IF this is on TWC side it may be a known issue which my be corrected in a few days regardless if you call.

The bigger issue is you likely won't find many people on resi side aware of or able to troubleshoot the issue. Spend about an hour talking to a rep overseas, eventually maybe get escalated to a rep in the states, and THEN politely explain the situation and ask if there might be a lead to assist since its a less common issue.

Sometimes websites save information for use when you pull them back up later, can try clearing cookies ect to see if that helps. Could also power off your modem for about 10 min (not just a reset you need the IP assigned to your modem to be recycled so you get a new one) to force it to pick up a new IP address (or log into the modem if you know how and have it request a new IP lease), this won't work if the entire block of IP addresses at the ISP is registered incorrectly. If it is on TWC side you may need to get it escalated to network engineer's to have fixed.

Hope that helps.

At this point I am just going to put up with it. I am pretty sure everyone on our node? has the problem. Saw the installer in the mobile home park and talked to him. He said he had seen the problem once before in Atlanta, but had no idea how to fix it.
I have my browser set to clear the cookies every time I close it so inputting the correct area code only fixes the problem for that session. Thanks for the reply.

Back