Timestamp in FAH console/log?

sobe

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
346
Newb question, is the number on the left side actually a timestamp? I thought it was until I noticed that it is nowhere close the the actual system time on any of my boxes. :confused:

Example:
timestamp1ib.jpg


 
All timestamps are in the world standard time known as GMT or UTC, no matter what timezone you are in. We don't have to ask everybody what timezone they're in whenever folks ask for help and post their log. You can't change it.

Pilots all time their flights in GMT for the same reason, just like international TV programs. They get used to saying things like "at ten minutes past the hour" whenever it's understood that they're talking about whichever time that is xx:10 occurs next or just previous and only pay attention to the actual numerical value of the time when you're talking about times more than an hour away.

The unfortunate thing is that the Stanford websites give some times in their Pacific time zone and some in GMT. I wish they only used one.

http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=14244&highlight=timestamp
 
I was unsure if it was greenwich or pacific

thanks for the info K*
 
Back
Top