Timeclock for business?

TopGun

Gawd
Hey guys,
This isn't the best place to ask this question but I'm sure at least one of you has
experience in this area.

The company I work for has two Acroprint time clocks that use swipe cards and are connected to one computer in the office via serial. They have issues with cards not reading because there's sawdust and paint in the air. They also just seem to fail for no reason. They'll turn on but nobody can clock in and if you try to communicate with them via the computer they do not work. We just replaced one two days ago and the replacement is already shot.

I'm just wondering if you guys have any experience with time clocks and what has worked best since we are going to be ordering new ones. I would prefer ethernet connectivity and rfid if possible. I'm hoping there wouldn't be any issues with rfid and the environment like the magnetic swipe cards. If they use serial it's also not a big deal as the connectivity is already there.

Thanks in advance
-Justin

Kronos SUCKS. Their support is the worst I have ever encoutered. Their sales people never return phone calls, and even their guy who does the voice recordings when you call their number sounds like he hates his job. Avoid them if you can.

We have been looking at this company and they look amazing. They even have live chat which I've taken advantage of several times.

http://www.timeclockplus.com/default.aspx

We're looking at using paycom for ours. We use them for payroll and to clean up the process we are looking at setting up terminals. It is web-based and offers much more functionality over what Exact JobBOSS allows us to use. The JobBOSS T&A module is serverly dated and painful to use by comparison and offers much more functionality as well as T&A codes.

yeah my new job uses kronos and its slow as heck to load. It probably takes 1-2mins for me to be able to punch in or out. its also slow to update.

yeah my new job uses kronos and its slow as heck to load. It probably takes 1-2mins for me to be able to punch in or out. its also slow to update.

Kronos and ADP both have java based interfaces - what they don't tell you is there is an interface that doesn't require java, much faster!

ADP is the Kronos system rebranded. Kronos is very versatile and full featured but expensive. Support and licenses are also relatively expensive. If your firm is small to mid-sized, look elsewhere.

For your harsh environment, and if your needs are minimum, look for an older Kronos system on eBay or surplus sites. Their older Windows product and Series 400 timeclocks are workhorses that rarely fail, even in tough environments. These old timeclocks can ciommunicate via Serially - RS-232 or RS-485, Modem, Ethernet, or Token Ring.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm gonna look into what everyone posted and see what would work best. It took me 11 swipes to finally clock in this morning.

Back