Time Warner + Giganews = Traffic Shaping?

H1HID

Weaksauce
Ive recently dropped from 1200 kbs to 500 kbs overnight. What happened?

I had sprinklers installed outside as well. Do cut cables result in slow speeds or no speeds?

Speedtest.net tells me 10mbps which is consistent with my service plan. What gives?

thanks!

question, Why pay for giganews when Time Warner has their own newsgroup servers?

Try time warners servers and see if you get the same results. My few friends that use Time Warner's servers get full speed and have no issues.

time warner doesnt have the retention or the completion or 100% access to all known newsgroups. I dont think you can download 100 Gigabytes a month either. Thanks to giganews im at 2.4 Terabytes now.

time warner doesnt have the retention or the completion or 100% access to all known newsgroups. I dont think you can download 100 Gigabytes a month either. Thanks to giganews im at 2.4 Terabytes now.

Because that's exactly what the terms of service outlined as proper usage of your account...

I'm all for net neutrality, but this is what drive CEOs to throttling.

CEO's are a bunch of money hungry idiots...alot of other countries in Europe and Asia have tons better download rates and capacities. The US needs to catch up with the times. I have never gotten a notice from Time Warner asking me to limit my download.

Furthermore, I download lots of movies (4.7GB each) and they each take one hour.

As of last night around 10pm I got full speed back.

As far as using too much bandwidth, i would say a majority of people dont even touch their fair usage amount allowing people with more downloading needs to use what they didnt and not burden the system. A problem would be if everyone operated at 110% downloading like me.

Besides, there is a monopoly almost anywhere you go and its not like you can have a choice in ISP if you want cable modem speeds. My only options locally are satellite internet and DSL. Thats it. So until I have more choices of ISP's I dont think im gonna worry too much about FAIR USAGE.

As far as monopoly goes, here I pay the same amount of money as I did back when I lived in NJ and now I get less than a third of the speed I once got. Here i get 10Mbps and back in NJ for the same price I got 35Mbps but thats the beauty of competition and I had a choice and their FAIR USAGE was alot higher.

In the end each man for himself, if you dont want to use your internet to its full capabilities then ill take your portion.

Back