Time Warner Cable speed increase

LostStorm

Gawd
http://stopthecap.com/2012/12/20/more-speed-increases-from-time-warner-cable-100mbps-coming-to-kansas-city/

Time Warner Cable is planning additional free speed increases for its customers, starting in Google Fiber territory — Kansas City.

The company has already boosted Standard Internet speeds, now at least 15/1Mbps in most areas of the country, up from 10/1Mbps.

With Google’s 1,000/1,000Mbps network now gradually rolling out across Kansas City, the cable operator decided it needed to compete, albeit not on the same scale. Here are the new speeds across Kansas City, which are likely to also begin turning up in other areas of the country eventually:

•Lite Internet — from 1Mbps to 5Mbps
•Basic Internet — 3Mbps to 10Mbps
•Standard Internet — 10Mbps to 15Mbps
•Turbo Pass Internet — 15Mbps to 20Mbps (No word on upgrades for customers already getting 20Mbps Turbo service)
•Extreme Internet — 30Mbps to 50Mbps
•Ultimate Internet — 50Mbps to 100Mbps
•Upload speeds remain unchanged, maxing out at 5Mbps for premium tiers

They are increasing the download but leaving the upload the same(another dumb move by TWC)

Time Warner can offer anything they like, but actually deliver? I had an awful experience with TW being consistent.

With the "Ultimate" package I barely saw 1Mbps on a good day.

Oh Time Warner you simply can't hope to compete with 1GBPS down and upload speeds in Google's wired cities...

How behind the "Times" they are over at TW.

i don't think they'll be competing with google anytime soon

It is the other way around. Google's service doesn't exist outside of a small locale whereas TWC is everywhere. Myself I get rated 20/2 speeds everyday if the week from twc.

Time Warner can offer anything they like, but actually deliver? I had an awful experience with TW being consistent.

With the "Ultimate" package I barely saw 1Mbps on a good day.

Do you still have TWC, or were you able to get something better?

Thankfully there are other alternatives in my area. Less money, better down and up speeds.
TW was one of the worst ISP's I have ever dealt with over the years.

I enjoy their Ultimate Internet Service. I get 50 Down and 5 up with no issues. I live 60 miles north of the NYC and they do pretty well if your on a node that doesn't have any heavy hitters on the node. Like from what I hear happens in major markets like NYC, California etc. Those Heavy Hitters Cause most of the headaches.

Thankfully there are other alternatives in my area. Less money, better down and up speeds.
TW was one of the worst ISP's I have ever dealt with over the years.

That's good at least you no longer have to suffer with TWC bs.

I enjoy their Ultimate Internet Service. I get 50 Down and 5 up with no issues. I live 60 miles north of the NYC and they do pretty well if your on a node that doesn't have any heavy hitters on the node. Like from what I hear happens in major markets like NYC, California etc. Those Heavy Hitters Cause most of the headaches.

Unfortunately I live in one of those heavy hit areas in NYC. I use their extreme internet service(30 down and 5 up). The only other internet service in my area is Verizon DSL and at most it's only 7 mbs down and 768 kb up. I was looking forward to fios, but since Verizon is now in bed with TWC. I highly doubt it will ever be available!

That's good at least you no longer have to suffer with TWC bs.

Unfortunately I live in one of those heavy hit areas in NYC. I use their extreme internet service(30 down and 5 up). The only other internet service in my area is Verizon DSL and at most it's only 7 mbs down and 768 kb up. I was looking forward to fios, but since Verizon is now in bed with TWC. I highly doubt it will ever be available!

FIOS petering out has nothing to do with TWC. Verizon decided that the amount of work necessary to get agreements with cities to allow FIOS was not worth the effort. Verizon gave up on expanding FIOS a year ago. Anyone who didn't have it then is never getting it.

FIOS petering out has nothing to do with TWC. Verizon decided that the amount of work necessary to get agreements with cities to allow FIOS was not worth the effort. Verizon gave up on expanding FIOS a year ago. Anyone who didn't have it then is never getting it.

There is fios in my town, but not in my area. Verizon was suppose install in my area. Then Verizon sign deal with cable companies for spectrum deal. Now Verizon has decide not to finish install and bundle their products with TWC(wireless). State AG is bringing an investigation for this illegal part of the deal. But with the usual bribes doubt anything will come from it.

TWC has a deal with Verizion Wireless which is a separate company than Verizion. That should have no adverse affect if your getting fios or not. But I hear through the grape vine that some people in the city who have had fios didn't like because of some service issue.

Interesting ours went from 10 to twice what it was supposed to. Haven't reset the modem yet and don't plan on it. Still going with google when it gets here in the summer. If TWC would upgrade/clean up the lines in the area service would be better... don't see that happening.

Back