Time Warner Cable internet keeps dropping

brokenarrow03

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so heres the story...

A couple weeks ago I noticed that my cable modem would occasionally drop offline and several minutes later it would come back online. I called Time warner and they said all signals were fine, so I let it go, no probs for a few weeks,

Well starting Friday it dropped again twice, and time warner scheduled a tech for sunday morning. They said the line was bad/not in optimal signal range. In the meantime the modem dropped offline at least once on Saturday.

So the tech comes Sunday and says all signal levels are fine, he went outside and checked the incoming feed, replaced some connectors, gave me a new cable splitter, and swapped out my moded. Well when I got back from shopping last night about 8PM CST it was offline again.

My question is there a tool that is Windows based or something my Untangle box can do to monitor and record when the internet goes down, because this is really getting old...

Thanks...

There was a post exactly like this a few months ago and a member had a small little app that would ping a website of your choice and log to a file if it made a connection. It would do this at any interval you choose. Hopefully that person will chime in again. It was really helpful for your specific problem.

What would be good addresses/websites to set up a program to ping? I ask because most websites do not reply to pings anymore...

Hmm, must be something jacked with our router settings here at work, no ping at google from here, I will try it when I get home since that is what matters anyways...thanks for the help...

Back