Time tracking program for network

Climber

Supreme [H]ardness
Do you guys know of a software program that can keep track of what my network users are doing? Say if they are in one program and then switch to another, or at least keep track of time they logged in then logged out at?

Also it would be preferable if it had an administration capabilities or the ability for the admin to log off a computer on the netowrk if it has been idle too long.

Basically I'm trying to come up with a more comprehensive solution for my students to keep track of time they are in their studies and their remediation programs for probation and court. What I have now is basically Novell's solution which only records their log in time to either citrix or novell.

"or the ability for the admin to log off a computer on the netowrk if it has been idle too long."

Since this is Novell, the solution probably does not exist. It is standard on Windows servers to be able to see login/logout times through the event logs. No answer about tracking specific app usage from behind the scenes :\

At least for Windows, through Group Policy you could write a script to log off idle computers. It is a screensaver script, and after a set time the screen saver (which is just the script) will initiate and give a warning on the screen saying the system will be logged off after x amount of time, if unchallenged it will close all apps and log off.

Thanks Wodz. I was afraid of that. I do think we will be axing Novell here at the start of the new year but as of this moment we're being left out of the loop.

Again thanks for the info.

Back