Time to upgrade?

xmurderx

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
183
I have a P4 3.0ghz northwood, its a couple years old and me not really being up on my intel info, was wondering if I should upgrade any time soon. I havent had any problems with its ran everything Ive ever thrown at it. Would it be worth the upgrade or will this last me a few months before I have to part with some cash.
 
Unless you have money to spend it's probably not worth the upgrade of the processor.
 
xmurderx said:
I have a P4 3.0ghz northwood, its a couple years old and me not really being up on my intel info, was wondering if I should upgrade any time soon. I havent had any problems with its ran everything Ive ever thrown at it. Would it be worth the upgrade or will this last me a few months before I have to part with some cash.


Right now is not a good time to upgrade period . First off Dual core CPU's are finally out and in there baby stages . SLi and Intel is also JUST coming about and frankly since nvidia has little experience on the other side of the fence i would be careful and wait a few months to iron out the nasty bugs. Ati is going to bringing out a SLi solution very soon as well. I would really wait til around Oct-Nov period this year ..prices will have come down ..new chipsets will be out ..new CPU's ..that would be a good time to upgrade.
 
Back
Top