cicatriz63
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Oct 9, 2009
- Messages
- 118
So the time is finally here where I upgrade my aging gtx 460. I had a code for Assassins creed unity that I finally got around to installing and it made me realized just how insufficient my card has become. So, here is my dilemma. Nvidia has the witcher 3 bundle which I am pretty interested in playing, so I'm leaning towards Nvidia. I would like to keep it in the $200-$250 range so naturally I was looking at the gtx 960 and debating between the 2gb or 4gb. I'm also considering saying screw it and just splurging for a gtx 970. I play at 1920x1200 so the 970 may be overkill but also will provide some future-proofing.
Now from what I gather the 4gb 960 is not a very good value, but with the witcher 3 thrown in does that make it any more appealing? Does anyone have an idea how long the witcher promotion will last? Ideally I would just wait until the game came out to see some benchmarks if it would actually make a difference, but I would hate to do that just to see they no longer offer the bundle. Also, is there any new word on a possible 960 ti version?
I also understand that the R9 290 offers way better performance over the 960, but I don't think my PSU can handle it and also considering it does not include any games I'm interested in. I'm still running a corsair hx520 which is getting pretty old but has been rock solid for me.
What are some peoples thoughts on this?
Now from what I gather the 4gb 960 is not a very good value, but with the witcher 3 thrown in does that make it any more appealing? Does anyone have an idea how long the witcher promotion will last? Ideally I would just wait until the game came out to see some benchmarks if it would actually make a difference, but I would hate to do that just to see they no longer offer the bundle. Also, is there any new word on a possible 960 ti version?
I also understand that the R9 290 offers way better performance over the 960, but I don't think my PSU can handle it and also considering it does not include any games I'm interested in. I'm still running a corsair hx520 which is getting pretty old but has been rock solid for me.
What are some peoples thoughts on this?