Time to upgrade.. best PSU?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Just upgraded to a GTX 980ti and maybe getting reading for a second one. The main thing is my wife is about to take all my money so I got one chance to upgrade to a badass power supply that will last me. My current 750w Seasonic is staring to have weird fan issues. Random full blasts sometimes. My main concern is SILENCE! I want it quiet. Not really worried about the cost just want a really good unit. Thx for any input!

4790K with two 980ti overclocked, I would be looking at PSUs in the 850-1000 watt range. Choose 80+ Platinum or Titanium PSUs from Seasonic (also sells under XFX), Superflower (EVGA and several others I can't think of at the moment). Can give actual suggestions when I get home.

Also, there's a good chance Seasonic will RMA that PSU for you if it is in warranty.

4790K with two 980ti overclocked, I would be looking at PSUs in the 850-1000 watt range. Choose 80+ Platinum or Titanium PSUs from Seasonic (also sells under XFX), Superflower (EVGA and several others I can't think of at the moment). Can give actual suggestions when I get home.

Also, there's a good chance Seasonic will RMA that PSU for you if it is in warranty.

Thanks! I was hoping you would chime in! Yeah I have had this one a Looong time but if they do thats great but I still want to go a head and pickup a larger one. Not sure if ill go dual 980ti or not but I want to be able to support that option. Not worried about price.. just want top quality with a quiet fan.

If you want white, I really don't think you can beat that Seasonic. I don't think Seasonic has any Titanium models yet.

My vote definitely would have went to the Seasonic Silent Snow 1050 model. But I suppose I certainly couldn't complain about a unit from PC power and cooling. Great company!

My vote definitely would have went to the Seasonic Silent Snow 1050 model. But I suppose I certainly couldn't complain about a unit from PC power and cooling. Great company!

Jonny Guru rated both very well but I really like the connection of the PC power and cooling modular cables.

Back