Time to sell the Wii?

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
Do you guys still play your Wii? The last time I've played mine was back in May when I took it to California while I was visiting some friends. We had a decent time playing Boom Blox but I haven't even bother hooking it back up since I got back. The Nintendo E3 was abysmal and I'm not seeing any good games coming down the pipeline.

What do you guys think? Have any of you sold it recently? Any regrets?

The only reason ive been keeping it lately is for my dorm room. At home i dont even unpack it, yet at school i am playing smash and kart every night ( or was the past two semesters).
After that (this is my senior year..) i dont see myself playing it much anymore. its no fun alone..

my girlfriend would kill me if I sold mine hahah

mario sluggers looks like fun, I enjoyed mario strikers and mario tennis (girlfriend)

yup, mine's the same way. It got disconnected when I moved the TV, and it never got hooked back up.

I've heard no good games coming out, especially since the metroid series is done i think (trilogy?).

I've heard no good games coming out, especially since the metroid series is done i think (trilogy?).
Metroid PRIME is done. I believe there will still be a Metroid series in the future though.

I've been pulling teeth trying to get my wife to let me sell ours, to no avail.

"I play Wii Sports every once in awhile." is what she tells me.
*sigh*

They knew what they were doing with that game...it's like a "you won't sell our system because of this game" sort of game. :(

I suppose it depends on how long you've had it. I got one just a few months ago and have a list of games to pick up. I finished Zelda and Okami, and am about to start on Super Mario Galaxy. After that it'll probably be No More Heroes. There are about half a dozen others I'm looking to pick up too. If you've been getting the good games as they come out, then maybe there's nothing to play at the moment. On the other hand, Strong Bad just came out on WiiWare and it's supposed to be decent, and we have Mad World and The Conduit coming as retail games. I plan to keep it for a long time.

Metroid PRIME is done. I believe there will still be a Metroid series in the future though.

The prime series was fricken awesome. 2 was pretty hard towards the end there though. 3 totally captivated me. I spent like 4 days of playing almost non stop until I beat it.

its time to sell your wii after about 2 weeks of owning one but nobody does including myself!

Do you guys still play your Wii? The last time I've played mine was back in May when I took it to California while I was visiting some friends. We had a decent time playing Boom Blox but I haven't even bother hooking it back up since I got back. The Nintendo E3 was abysmal and I'm not seeing any good games coming down the pipeline.

What do you guys think? Have any of you sold it recently? Any regrets?

Get the WiiMotionPlus accessory, and the Force Unleashed. Once you've raised hell with 1:1 motion and a lightsaber, you can sell it.

If you own and/or have completed the following games, you can sell your Wii and know that you got everything you could from it:
Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Twilight Princess, No More Heroes.
Those games are all A+...but are sadly the only decent games on the system.

The only exception might be once the voice accessories finally come out and Mario Kart and Smash Bros. get patches to support that. Still, by then, those games better get some other things beyond simple voice support.

My girlfriend took mine, she loves playing mario kart.

After zelda and galaxy, i had no use for it anymore.

Been collecting dust for a while. I don't even know why I still own one. It only gets some use when there are a group of people over, but playing the same games is getting stale. I guess I'm waiting on the next first-party game that is worth getting (Wii Music does not impress me). Sort of disappointed on the third party offerings so far. Also getting sick of all the accessories.

Had mine for a year. Currently waiting for Force Unleashed and Harvest Moon Wii, and then Godfather II for Wii next year.

i sold mine back in feb. for the same price i bought it for. I do like nintendo games a lot, and i wanted to buy a new one when smash bros came out, but I haven't really been feeling the urge to buy one since then. And I get the urge to buy new things a lot.

Nope, ahvent played mine in a long time. There no games, i was hoping that they would show some good games at E3 that i would be interested in. But they didn't:( so i am probably going to sell it pretty soon.

And trust me SSBB is a great game but i have unlocked all the characters and played the multiplayer tons of time, its getting really bland and stale.

Wife wont let me sell mine.
She last used Wii fit on it in May... yep..2.5 months ago.

None of the games we have get any air time at all these days and the current catalogue of games out there (and coming) is dismal. Personally I think it was a waste of money.

So Ive wrote it off it be honest. Good job I have a PS3 to keep me entertained, but even that gets less time than my PC. My beloved PC... :D

Not for me. I'm still looking forward to playing the Conduit and Sadness. As well as Wii resort. Besides I still enjoy Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Wii Sports as long as I have someone over to play them with.

The only time the Wii gets powered on is when I receive mail (which often just ends up being that damn Mario Kart thing that get's trashed almost quickly by me anyways) and for Everybody Votes thing....

Other than that, the only game that interests me is Wii Sports but like mentioned above, you kinda have to have someone to play with to make it enjoyable. I have a couple of games including Mario Kart Wii but I still only really prefer Wii Sports.

But for whatever odd reason, I wouldn't sell mine. Maybe it's because I enjoy having all three next gen consoles and don't want to go out looking for any of them. Although, I would sell my Wii if and when the other colors arrive... That's about the only time I will sell mine.

My girlfriend does not want me to sell our Wii either.
She has headaches when she plays Mario Galaxy and she does not play with any other games... (Fortunately, the headaches are temporary ;))
We only play with the Wii when friends are coming over and that may explains why she wants to keep it.
I guess she is afraid that I show my computer setup otherwise!

The most I use mine these days is playing MarioKart64 with friends. I never had a gamecube so I still have a whole library of games I can still play. I do kind of regret buying it. The motion sensitive sticks gimmick wears off pretty fast and overall, just makes games more difficult.

I still don't think I'll sell it though. Used consoles lose so much value and you might as well just keep it.

Reasons not to sell Wii:

1. Zelda
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Smash Brothers
4. Resident Evil 4 - best version
5. Metroid
6. Emulates Game Cube Games in 480P.
7. Virtual Console
8. Future First Party Releases
9. Mario Kart

Why you would sell this, I have no idea.

i just got my wii best $300 spent ever, my fiancee now doesn't nitpick on me anymore i just put mario galaxy and I'm free for the rest of the day and do whatever i want around our house!!!

Reasons not to sell Wii:

1. Zelda
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Smash Brothers
5. Metroid
7. Virtual Console
9. Mario Kart

To be honest I have all the games in your top and haven't even finished them yet. I suppose I should but I've been too lazy too even hook the damn thing up. Smash Bros is fun but it's lame when you're by yourself and Nintendo's online framework is the worst that's ever been created. For that reason, I passed on Mario Kart.

I'm just thinking I should sell it while it's still selling fairly well so I can recoup most of my cash. I'm very tempted.

Reasons not to sell Wii:

1. Zelda
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Smash Brothers
5. Metroid
7. Virtual Console
9. Mario Kart

Because we are bored to fuck with these games apart from 7 & 8 although 8 doesnt look very promising to IMO

I've owned two Wiis, sold both of them. I got one on release day, and after all the dates for the high profile games got pushed back (Mario, Metroid, etc) I decided it would be best to sell it for a profit since I assumed the price would eventually fall. The price never dropped though, and they are still somewhat hard to find to this day. Earlier this year I picked up another one for Galaxy, Mario Kart, etc.. but then realized how little we played it and how much the PS3 dominated our living room I decided to once again sell it for a profit.

Reasons not to sell Wii:

1. Zelda
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Smash Brothers
5. Metroid
7. Virtual Console
9. Mario Kart

1. Is a gamecube game, and having played both, the gamecube version has superior controls.
2. Good game
3. The same game released however many times now, with shit online play
4. A years old gamecube game, not a reason to buy a wii
5. Good game
6. Who cares, and not all of them, and most it doesn't make a difference at all.
7. Ten bucks to play a bunch of games I owned years ago? No thanks. emulators > the shitty no online play.
8. I guess if all you like is mario and metroid and....mario, then great.
9. The game you can't buy, even if you wanted to because nintendo plays stupid fucking games with their production? And then you pay extra for a gimmicky piece of round plastic to go with it?

Sell it.

Sold mine a year ago last July after owning it for a few weeks as even the wife didn't use it. Haven't looked back at all to be honest with you.

I'm still confused why people bring up RE4 as a Wii argument.

It's not. The original version on the GC is the best version. What you bring up for the Wii should be exclusives not ports.

On MK being rare - when did this happen? I paid the base price of $49.99 for it. Nowhere do I see it for extra, except on CL where idiots think they can sell it for $70-80. This idiot has been reposting for 3 weeks straight - it's obvious no one is dumb enough to fall for it.

I'm still confused why people bring up RE4 as a Wii argument.

It's not. The original version on the GC is the best version.

Surely you jest! :D

Wii version has the Ps2 exclusives, without the lower-quality Ps2 graphics. Separate Ways is a good side story and compliments the events of Leon's store in RE4 nicely.

Even without the better aiming, the inclusion of Separate Ways makes the Wii version better than the Gamecube one. Then you add in the other things, such as the 3rd costumes and the PRL and it's even better.

Reasons not to sell Wii:

1. Zelda
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Smash Brothers
5. Metroid
7. Virtual Console
9. Mario Kart

I purchased a Wii off of a friend leaving the military for $150, played all the above games, actualy finished metroid (I did enjoy it), but found myself not picking it up AT ALL. So a friend was looking for one told him I'd sell mine, he offered me $500 for the console alone so I sold it to him with zelda, Mario Kart and Metroid, kept smash brothers and the disk that had all my saves if I ever wanted to get back into it, but honestly I'd of sold it to him for much less and thrown in a game.

I don't really care what you do with your Wii, but selling it is just plain short sighted. There are bound to be at least a few more must play games for the system. I bought mine just for Mario, Zelda, and Metroid. As far as I'm concerned, those three games alone were worth the $250 for the system. Not to mention it gives me a nice convenient way to legally download and store all of my favorite games from past consoles. I have played through Twilight Princess several times.

Resident Evil 4 was just icing on the cake. I thought the aiming controls on the Wii took the game to the next level. I also have the Gamecube version.

I still go back and play old Gamecube games too and it is nice to the 480P functionality on the Wii.

I mean if you can turn an actual profit on selling it that is a different issue.

If you can sell it for close to what you paid for it do it.

I Don't really like the wii but I love Fire emblem and it happens to be on the wii so I keep mine.

The wii will have many great games in future due to the fact is outsells everything else. But they aren't going to be out for a long time and there will more than likely be a Wii price drop before a game you must have comes out. So if you are able to sell your Wii for 230 now and buy it again later for 200 I'd go for it.

Reasons not to sell Wii:

1. Zelda
2. Mario Galaxy
3. Smash Brothers
5. Metroid
7. Virtual Console
9. Mario Kart

FYI, that list isn't very impressive to anyone but raving Nintendo fanboys. :rolleyes:

Back