time to replace the XP2100

I agree, ditch that OCZ PSU. It has ripple at high loads. The Corsair 520W is all you need, but don't get it from newegg. They're overpriced there. If you have a Fry's near you, its $99 - $30MIR. If you don't, just get it online for $100 - $10MIR from either zipzoomfly.com, buy.com, or clubit.com.

What size monitor do you have? (eg. 20" wide LCD or 21" CRT, etc)
What games do you play and at what resolution/settings? (eg. css @ 1680x1050 4xAA etc)

To take advantage of all 4GB of RAM, you should run Vista x64.

Yea, I was going to suggest going with Vista x64, but instead of 4GB RAM, why not 8GB? It's cheap enough, and you can make a RAM disk out of the extra 4 and have it faster than an SSD drive.

Yea, I was going to suggest going with Vista x64, but instead of 4GB RAM, why not 8GB? It's cheap enough, and you can make a RAM disk out of the extra 4 and have it faster than an SSD drive.

Not a bad idea. The only thing that would worry me is overclockability. Its harder to OC with 4 sticks of RAM, especially if they're high voltage. The RAMDisk would indeed be lightning fast.

keep the $90 in your pocket and get this psu instead!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151040

The best deal on the net!

Nice fine! I agree, its a great deal. However, since the Corsair 520W is modular, I'd be more inclined to get it still over the Seasonic, unless I couldn't front the extra $30 for now.

Back